Nissan GT-R Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
2,121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've tried researching this already and have only found info on either BE or CBA regular/premium 7 spoke wheels.

With that said, does anyone have a perfect or near perfect match paint code for DBA premium wheel paint (10 spoke gray type).

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
2,121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have a feeling I'm not going to get too many responses on this. I'm just going to contact Rays in Japan directly. If I am able to get the touch up paint from them I will post how to get it or assist anyone needing some. They have to have it as they repair their wheels in Japan according to their website. Will post later how it goes.

·
R.I.P. Paul Walker
7,534 Posts
I am pretty sure there is no touch up paint for this. And if u try to refinish it, it will never be the same as the others, unless you refinish all at the same place, same time...

Sent from my Galaxy S5 using GT-R Life mobile app

·
Registered
2,121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I see. I'm not looking to refinish them just have a little Rays OEM paint for tiny nicks/chips.

·
R.I.P. Paul Walker
7,534 Posts
I see. I'm not looking to refinish them just have a little Rays OEM paint for tiny nicks/chips.
I had a chip or two from driving a little fast, lol. After coming up short in my search for touch up paint, I decided that instead of refinishing them, I'd be leaving the chip or two there. It adds character. lol.

·
Registered
2,121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Email sent. Should get a response by tomorrow since it's nighttime there. And yes it was in Japanese.

·
Knowledge is recession proof!
4,211 Posts
The quick and easy answer is no. There is no exact match. In fact, I don't believe there is anything close. You can always go to a body shop and have them use their gun to color match the thing and mix it there.

·
Registered
2,121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Checked email this morning and....no response yet. I'll give it until tomorrow to be sure then will follow up with phone call.

·
Registered
2,121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Testors Graphite Gray Metallic is an exact match

http://www.amazon.com/Testors-Enamel-Paint-Graphite-Metallic/dp/B006G1KFD4
Cool thanks! I will definitely check this out if I get nothing back from Rays in Japan (not holding my breath).

·
Registered
2,121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I finally got a response from Rays in Japan on this. They don't supply touch up paint for Nissan "Pure" parts as they put it even though they make the wheels. Doesn't make a lot of sense to me but at least I know for sure now.

·
Registered
2,121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·

·
Registered
2,121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Hmm weird, this is what we use on CBA wheels too!

http://www.gtrlife.com/forums/topic/75215-scuff-a-wheel-found-the-perfect-touch-up-paint/page__fromsearch__1
Well it looked good when doing the comparison. I'm sure it will be fine for very small chips. This is all I was looking for from the beginning anyway. Not concerned with fixing curb rash or any bigger damage as I would never let that happen. Just need something to cover up the obvious white area underneath the paint so it doesn't catch the eye. It's not really noticeable as it is now. I'm just OCD when it comes to my GT-R's.

·
gta88ws6
832 Posts
My wife had a dark metallic grey Mazda cx5. It's touch up paint is almost an exact match too FYI...

Sent from my HTC6535LVW using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I would say it works fine. Attached is a pic with the area circled that had a small chip. Again this was a very small chip to begin with so didn't need use much at all (I ended up using the sharp end of a toothpick to apply it!). Once I applied the touch up and allowed to dry, I used clay bar with clay bar lubrication to smooth the surface of the semi-cured paint (allowed to dry about 12 hours). Per the paint instructions, it takes a full 48 hours for the paint to cure. Can't even tell anything was there! Enjoy!

Attachments

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.