Nissan GT-R Forum banner
1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,560 Posts
My clutch is slipping, my tires are bald, one of my spark plugs is bad... lol...

Please lets not start that 'if ...' thing. The car did great, if Nissan wants to go prove it on a dry day, I say go for it. But I hope we dont start 'guessing' at what it could be or could have been given this or that.

This is not to start a fight, just trying to avoid the 'mustang and camaro' type of talk .... lol.

I'll probably regret posting this.. but oh well...

·
Registered
7,513 Posts
man he was reving 5th pretty high on a few straights...that motor was SCREAMING

·
R35 Addict
204 Posts
Anyone notice the LED's that were on in the blue car when the headlamps were on?

·
24>23
1,166 Posts
My clutch is slipping, my tires are bald, one of my spark plugs is bad... lol...

Please lets not start that 'if ...' thing. The car did great, if Nissan wants to go prove it on a dry day, I say go for it. But I hope we dont start 'guessing' at what it could be or could have been given this or that.

This is not to start a fight, just trying to avoid the 'mustang and camaro' type of talk .... lol.

I'll probably regret posting this.. but oh well...
Calm down man I was just making an observation. A bit over reacting aren't we??

FYI I can say whatever I want.

·
Premium Member
1,560 Posts

·
24>23
1,166 Posts
I thought I read somewhere that they plan on bringing it back for another crack in the dry. Correct me if I'm wrong. But in regards to this video, awesome driving.
Yeah I read that somewhere. I'd imagine they may be able to shave off a second. Amazing performance considering the GT2 RS did the same distance in 7:24 flat!

·
Registered
513 Posts
Anyone else notice that he was driving in automatic mode? I think from now on I will forego paddle shifting!

·
Premium Member
1,560 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,560 Posts
Anyone else notice that he was driving in automatic mode? I think from now on I will forego paddle shifting!
I never bother with paddle shifting, why would I think I could do it faster then the computer. Auto, RRR, if I want to shift I got a 6 speed car for that

·
Registered
683 Posts
totally amazing. im going to ring next month for 1st time and i cant even imagine driving flat out there.

btw, anyone know of the uk mag test from few yrs back that drove enzo, zonda, cgt, maserati at ring on same day? i think best they got was 7:30. not sure though.

back to practicing on my sony ps3

·
Registered
513 Posts
I was wrong... looking at the vid again, he is using the paddles.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Great video! Bad ass car! Happy to own one!

·
Premium Member
1,560 Posts
I was wrong... looking at the vid again, he is using the paddles.
Yup, I am seeing that too, whats interesting, is he looks like VDC is OFF ??? Can others confirm?

Still in a straight line, I dont think I can beat the computers, on a track, its nice to be able to 'hold the revs' when you know you'll be right back on a gear, but even then I sometimes find that I'll forget to shift again, lol, and the computer takes over, and when it does that, it takes me out of Manual mode. Its my first 'paddle' car, maybe I should work on it more. Still love Auto RRR.

1 - 20 of 46 Posts