Nissan GT-R Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2010 CBA and I am exploring switching out my shocks and springs for DBA shocks/springs. Is there a noticable imporvement over the CBA in this respect? Also I heard changes were made to the springs in 14 and in 15, so I am trying to figure out which model year is the best to upgrade too as well as what the actual benefits are?

Thanks,

· 2009 R35 (GOD7ILLA)
392 Posts
I have a 2010 CBA and I am exploring switching out my shocks and springs for DBA shocks/springs. Is there a noticable imporvement over the CBA in this respect? Also I heard changes were made to the springs in 14 and in 15, so I am trying to figure out which model year is the best to upgrade too as well as what the actual benefits are?

Thanks,
I upgraded my '09 to '13 springs/struts a couple of years ago. The major difference (and it was VERY noticable) was in the comfort mode. Comfort mode actually became semi-comfortable. I did not find a huge difference (it was slightly detectable) in N or R mode either on or off track (road course).

Earlier this year I upgraded springs/struts again to a set from a '14 Track Edition AND I swapped out the front lower control arms to the DBA version at the same time. This resulted in an even larger change again. DD feels very different, comfort is very good, and even the N R modes feel "different" - it's hard to describe, but the feeling is very different from the CBA setup and different from the '13 setup I had - different enough to be noticeable from any non-TE DBA setup imo. On the track the car handles slightly better in my Non-Professional-But-With-15-Years-Tracking-Experiencing opinion.

In short, stock '09 to stock '12+ suspension = VERY VERY GOOD improvement IMO
In short, stock '09 to '14 TE suspension and DBA LCAs = EXCELLENT improvement IMO

· Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Awesome Karl, thank you so much for the valuable feedback! Were the 13' shocks/springs plug and play? without any modification? and did the electronic adjustability plug up the same and no issues working?

· 2009 R35 (GOD7ILLA)
392 Posts
Yes, all the above was P&P. Same connectors, same fit, etc. No worries. As long as you buy an R35 stock suspension it will bolt up P&P.

The swapping out of the LCAs is not necessary, but I was trying to approximate the incremental DBA suspension upgrades as much as possible. Swapping out LCAs is not an "in your driveway" job like the shocks/struts can be. To re/re the LCAs you have to lower the entire front subframe - which is tough to do easily/safely without a hoist.

· Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Oh, one last question. How can I tell for sure the difference between the DBA and CBA? Is there a part #? I will most likely buy these used and I heard of people getting dupped by being sold CBA shocks without them knowing it.

· 2009 R35 (GOD7ILLA)
392 Posts
Visually the TE struts/springs are very different, so if you come across a pair of those they will look different enough to be sure.

Re the DBA vs CBA. IIRC there is a part number stamped on the strut body... and I'm pretty sure they were different. But unfortunately I have neither in my possession any longer so I can't say what the relevant part numbers were.

Buying from a "long-term" forum member with feedback should reduce any concerns re getting scammed. I sold my '13 suspension on here just earlier this year.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.