Nissan GT-R Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone here buy a 2012 GTR and they have a $499 "Dealer service and handling fee"? Seems like a shady mark up to me. I've been working on a Blue BE with the dealer and when they send the paperwork over, I see this. He says they have it on all the cars, and all the dealers do it. My gut says it's bullsht... you guys that bought 2012 BE's, did you see this? Thanks guys.

·
Registered
1,640 Posts
Shady mark-up is right. $1000 for the destination charge, that should be it.

·
Registered
7,396 Posts
Some dealers do this...

Consider it additional income for the salesman doing the paperwork. I've seen many dealers do this, and not just on GT-R's or even Nissans...

I've seen it at Honda dealers, Porsche, BMW, Lexus, Chevy, Mercedes, etc...

·
Founder/Admin
26,252 Posts
thats pretty much standard they range from 250- over $500

as for the destination charge thats from nissan not the dealer

·
R35
1,312 Posts
You can balk at signing. The manager will come in saying "all customers pay this, it's dealership policy."
That's fine. "Just give me a further discount equal to $499, and you can add your fee according to 'policy'" :)

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks guys... that's pretty much what I thought. Between the "mark ups" on these cars, and transportation, plus this type of bullsh*t, it really adds up.

·
I like turtles!
180 Posts
The '12 BE I just picked up last weekend was the $96980 msrp (BE with cam and mats), $599 dealer service fee, $3 fee to the state (bought it out of state) for $97582 total. I didn't try to get out of the dealer fee; they picked me up at the airport and treated my wife and I really well while going through all the paperwork, test drive, answering questions and sending pics of the car via email in advance, etc. Actually I think them calling it a service fee is what makes me not mind it, at least they're honest about it since the bill of sale itself states it's for "costs and profits to the dealer for blah blah blah". This is contrary to the Autoway dealers who I tried to get a car through that add to the price by giving you $400 worth of "paint protection" and another $300 worth of "theft deterrent" and other BS. If you want to add to your profit, call it profit; I respect honesty a lot more than BS.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
The '12 BE I just picked up last weekend was the $96980 msrp (BE with cam and mats), $599 dealer service fee, $3 fee to the state (bought it out of state) for $97582 total. I didn't try to get out of the dealer fee; they picked me up at the airport and treated my wife and I really well while going through all the paperwork, test drive, answering questions and sending pics of the car via email in advance, etc. Actually I think them calling it a service fee is what makes me not mind it, at least they're honest about it since the bill of sale itself states it's for "costs and profits to the dealer for blah blah blah". This is contrary to the Autoway dealers who I tried to get a car through that add to the price by giving you $400 worth of "paint protection" and another $300 worth of "theft deterrent" and other BS. If you want to add to your profit, call it profit; I respect honesty a lot more than BS.
You got it for sticker? What color? Nice find man.

·
Registered
145 Posts
The dealer service/documentation fee is pretty standard across the board; there are a few states that limit the amount to a few hundred, but I have seen it as high as $800. As with everything in the business it is negotiable.

·
I like turtles!
180 Posts
You got it for sticker? What color? Nice find man.
black on black; got it from Team Nissan in Marietta GA and then drove it home to Tampa. So as an added bonus, I'm half way through break-in after only a few days lol.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts