Nissan GT-R Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is it common for a dealer to add performance parts to a new GT-R?

There is a 2012 blue BE in Houston that the dealer has added a bunch of stuff to it and is asking quite a premium for what I would consider bolt-ons. What's everyone's take on this?

·
Registered
7,396 Posts
I wouldn't buy one like that. The only performance add-ons he could do without any issues are a Y-pipe and rear exhaust. Everything else has implications on warranties.

What is the 'bunch of stuff' you are referring to?

And how much is he asking for them?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
-Tanabe Exhaust and Mid Pipe
-Greddy Intake System
-Greddy Hard Piping and Blow Off Valves
-FIC Rear Wheel Spacers
-Project Kics Locking Lugs
-Top Secret Hood Struts
-Top Secret Titanium Tow Hook

Basic bolt-ons which in theory should not really mess with the warranty, but still. To me it's weird that a dealer would add all of this stuff onto a new car. I can understand if it was used.

They're also essentially asking $10k for these as the price is $10K over MSRP.

I passed on this one, but just wanted to know if it was a common practice or if this dealer is just hoping to get someone that doesn't know any better to buy it.

·
Registered
7,396 Posts
Anything before the sensors (including intakes) has a potential issue with warranty.

As far as the hood struts, locking lugs, spacers, and tow hook, it's all good.

Yes, this has happened quite often, and not just with GT-R's. I've seen G35's with superchargers, IS's with a bunch o' stuff, and even Porsches that come with an aftermarket steering wheel (including other parts) on them, and raise the numbers accordingly.

So to answer your question - yes, it's not uncommon. But I will add, that I agree with your 'passing' of this one.

·
Registered
565 Posts
yes it is a demo car for the owner, its baker nissan in houston. their tech and owners participate in alot of the car meets they have down in the houston area. just advertising for them. they also have a nissan 370z with the whole amuse kit.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts