Nissan GT-R Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone else had a similar experience? They claimed they read in a book and called Nissan help line and both state that they have to charge me if I am over 2500 miles. I bought the vehicle out of state and drove it to an event to my choices were take it in for the service at 450 miles or 3000 miles.

Any advice?

·
Registered
7,127 Posts
How many miles are actually on the car?

Most manufacturers including Toyota, Volkswagen, and others who offer these free maintenance plans do in fact have a time and mileage cutoff where they will no longer offer the free services. I don't know for sure, but Nissan may have a 2500 mile cutoff on the 1,000 mile service.

·
Registered
4,034 Posts
Disappointment .... but the bright side is that you have an awesome car..

·
Registered
17 Posts
I bought mine with 5k miles and it never had the 1st POS done. I was told the same thing at my local dealer - Nissan will cover the 1st POS up to 2500 miles, after that I have pay for it. It wasn't much more than the cost of an alignment alone, so to me it was worth it.

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I understand, it's just every time I deal with the dealership feels like they are so excited to give you some terrible news. The condescending tone, the well YOU went over the mileage attitude, just feels scummy.

Will they do the 1 year POS if the 1000 miles one was never done?

·
<"))))><
3,706 Posts
I understand, it's just every time I deal with the dealership feels like they are so excited to give you some terrible news. The condescending tone, the well YOU went over the mileage attitude, just feels scummy.

They a Nissan dealerships. They typically are scummy and have no concept of how to interact with customers shopping for $100k cars.

·
Registered
1,903 Posts

Yes. Hit 1k and 1 year at the same time so that was actually my first POS. only did two of four since i had like 400 miles between 1 and 2 year.

·
Registered
7,401 Posts

It's in the manual as complimentary, so they should. I did not see a requisite of previous POS's being completed.

As far as OP having 3200 miles - I'd agree with the dealership. Opportunity missed on complementary. I feel as though the payment of POS is WELL worth it. A little of advice from a ~long time owner. 2 years ago my clutches were slipping occasional... Eventually over the next few days it got really bad, almost would not stay in gear for a minute at a time (felt like someone releasing and grabbing a clutch while still in gear). Took to the dealership (5 years into ownership), had POS, car ran like new. 2 years later, I'll probably take it back again. Worth it. Wouldn't do it more than once a year, but if you missed the first one - I'd definitely recommend it as soon as you can do it. A lot of things can be adjusted and PREVENTED if done soon enough.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I asked the question if I should just wait until the 1 year POS. They suggested I do the 1k mile POS since I wanted an alignment regardless, but they sure made it sound like it was my choice.

·
Registered
3,588 Posts
It's in the manual as complimentary, so they should. I did not see a requisite of previous POS's being completed.

As far as OP having 3200 miles - I'd agree with the dealership. Opportunity missed on complementary. I feel as though the payment of POS is WELL worth it. A little of advice from a ~long time owner. 2 years ago my clutches were slipping occasional... Eventually over the next few days it got really bad, almost would not stay in gear for a minute at a time (felt like someone releasing and grabbing a clutch while still in gear). Took to the dealership (5 years into ownership), had POS, car ran like new. 2 years later, I'll probably take it back again. Worth it. Wouldn't do it more than once a year, but if you missed the first one - I'd definitely recommend it as soon as you can do it. A lot of things can be adjusted and PREVENTED if done soon enough.
Or get a Cobb and do the clutch relearns and CC/TP's your self lol

·
Registered
85 Posts
I know this might be apples to oranges but I'm leasing mine and they told me if I missed the POS then I'd void the warranty and be out of pocket for any expenses.

·
Registered
2,121 Posts
I'm wondering if this is going to effect the OP's warranty? I know in the owners manual it states that this is a required service under the terms of the manufacturers warranty. This is definitely something I wouldn't f*%# with! I was only 30 miles over and was a little worried they were going to say something.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.