Nissan GT-R Forum banner
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My new 2012 has about 1200 miles on it and the brakes are constantly screeching so loud that it sends chills down my spine and makes pedestrians turn and snicker at the guy in the exotic car that sounds like a PoS hooptie. It's driving me f'ing crazy!!!

I've read through a few threads on here and I'm seeing a lot of "yep - that's part of owning a GT-R" comments but I just can't accept it.

I had two different dealers take a look at the brakes and they both said they looked fine and that Brembos just make a lot of noise. I just can't buy that. Mine are insanely loud. One of the guys told me they just need to be broken in but I don't know exactly what that means. I use the car as a DD and will probably take it to the track once or twice but I'm not planning to have it on a track every weekend.

What can I do? Please give me some tips. This is honestly ruining the entire GT-R experience for me. It's so loud. It drives me nuts and embarrasses me every time I drive through the city.

·
Premium Member
1,789 Posts
Your brakes might not be bedded in correctly

You can change your pads, I'm using Carbotech Bobcat 1521 pads and they are quiet

·
Founder/Admin
26,441 Posts
changing pads is the only real fix....... you can go out on the free way when its safe to do so and do some 70- 5mph hard stops back to back to back that should bed them in and decrease the noise.....but it will come back eventually

you think you got it bad mine squeel at slow speeds sometimes even when im not on the brakes at all... but its because i have the extra cross springs in the front caliper and i think it keeps a little extra tension on the pad

·
Registered
177 Posts

·
Happy in Hermosa
1,534 Posts
Endless MX72s are also quiet and light on brake dust.

·
Registered
802 Posts
Carbon Ceramic brakes make the squealing go away completely. No, not kidding. Dead serious.

Shawn
Hey Shawn,
What are our options for Carbon Ceramic breaks?
Is Stillen the only company that makes them for the GTR?

Also do carbon ceramic breaks have a life time warranty with them?
I know the Audi R8's with carbon ceramic breaks come with a life time warranty with them. At least that's what my friend told me who owns one .

·
Registered
388 Posts
change your pad + rotors if you want it quiet... why u bought the GTR at first place. Should stick with the E63 or M5. Love my MX20 pads + J-rotor squealing, it lets pedestrians know i'm braking for ya.

·
Alpha 10
3,763 Posts
hi

follow the link this should help

http://www.essexpart...g-center/Bed-in
Regarding this...Obviously this applies to newer cars with low mileage. Would this still work I currently have 9400 miles...and I mean squeeking is getting worse and worse. Basically once car is warm/brakes are warm, within 10 minutes of driving...a light tap on the brakes starts the squeeking already...

·
Alpha 10
3,763 Posts
I have a '09 and mine would make the loud squeal also, so I told my tech when I got my oil changed and he installed some type of clip and it stopped the squeal, but he told me that if it did not go away he would have to change the pads.
what kind of clip?

1 - 20 of 41 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.