Nissan GT-R Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
420 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2012 and am getting ready to do some mods this spring but have a few questions that my search hasn't provided answers to.

Aside from the 1 post on these pumps (DW65c), I'm curious if anyone is currently using them and if they are truly a drop in pump with no mods to the baskets as represented?

Also, would these pumps be enough for 600 awhp with an E85 tune and the following mods to be installed: (1) GB 3 inch intakes, (2) Titek TI 90 mm midpipe, (3) Titek TI 90mm race exhaust, and (4) 1000cc injectors. Maybe I would need downpipes as well to get to 600, but I'm more interested in if these pumps will flow enough for what I intend.

Tx.

·
Registered
2,070 Posts
I know my pump is truly a 100% drop in part. I have installed them a number of cars personally and sold quite a few. They fit 100% like factory. Here is a photo of them next to my factory fuel pumps.

These fuel pumps have been proven to 790whp on E85 on a mustang dyno (with 2000cc injectors), The 1000cc injectors are going to be the limiting factor in your fuel system, but they will flow enough for the stock turbos on E85.

The 65c should be similar but I have not seen the data on the forums.

·
Registered
8,155 Posts
I don't know Bill, but he is one of the few vendors that answer the tough questions and I like the stuff he has from the innovative high efficient turbos to the fuel pumps. I think he also have technical real world data vs spec sheets.

·
Registered
420 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I know my pump is truly a 100% drop in part. I have installed them a number of cars personally and sold quite a few. They fit 100% like factory. Here is a photo of them next to my factory fuel pumps.

These fuel pumps have been proven to 790whp on E85 on a mustang dyno (with 2000cc injectors), The 1000cc injectors are going to be the limiting factor in your fuel system, but they will flow enough for the stock turbos on E85.

The 65c should be similar but I have not seen the data on the forums.
Nice...I'll have to look into your pumps and injectors because the prices look good.

If I do the pumps and 1000 cc or slightly larger injectors for an E85 tune would that prohibit me from removing the Cobb Ap and re-installing the stock tune when I take the car to the dealer for the 24 and 36 month POS? I've heard it may not be possible to revert to stock tune with such large injectors?

·
Registered
2,070 Posts
If I do the pumps and 1000 cc or slightly larger injectors for an E85 tune would that prohibit me from removing the Cobb Ap and re-installing the stock tune when I take the car to the dealer for the 24 and 36 month POS? I've heard it may not be possible to revert to stock tune with such large injectors?
I have 1000cc injectors, E85 and 3" MAF's. I do not recommend running it like that, but to drive the car to the dealer, get a POS and drove home with out an issue with the cobb uninstalled. I did not venture to go wide open throttle, you 100% need a tune. I am friends with my GT-R tech at the dealer, and he was saying my car like that drove better than any other car with upgraded injectors and no tuning (for dealer work).

If you are running on 93 octane, and big injectors it will be very rich and run poorly with no tune.

·
Registered
1,651 Posts
I have 1000cc injectors, E85 and 3" MAF's. I do not recommend running it like that, but to drive the car to the dealer, get a POS and drove home with out an issue with the cobb uninstalled. I did not venture to go wide open throttle, you 100% need a tune. I am friends with my GT-R tech at the dealer, and he was saying my car like that drove better than any other car with upgraded injectors and no tuning (for dealer work).

If you are running on 93 octane, and big injectors it will be very rich and run poorly with no tune.
Bill fitting 1000cc injectors and 3" inlets would this "run and drive" for a couple of days before a proper e tune. Not intending going racing just drive home from the garage.....like your pumps by the way. If I go e85 I'll call you first

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.