Nissan GT-R Forum banner

Deposit down

1293 Views 23 Replies 13 Participants Last post by  Joveeng
Hello!

I might get some flack for it, but just put down a deposit on a 2024 GTR Premium. I've been trying to snag a 2023 for a couple weeks and the 2024 just fell into my lap.

I know a lot don't like the aesthetic "updates," but I'm just stoked to have a confirmed purchase after a lot of disappointment and missed deals. It doesn't even get built until May, so I'm super early in joining, but was too excited to wait. I've driven several McClarens, but haven't even sat in a GTR... very excited. July couldn't come sooner for me.

Coming from another V6 Twin Turbo AWD, I really can't wait.

--Doc
Reactions: 3
1 - 20 of 24 Posts
No flak its a GT-R...
  • Love
Reactions: 3
congrats, you will love it! The new front end has grown on me, i think it looks fine and once they're on the road people will come around.

Now get busy and don't spend too much time counting down days- i find if i distract myself the time goes by faster. hope July comes soon for you my friend, make sure you post lots of pics when you get it
Reactions: 1
congrats, you will love it! The new front end has grown on me, i think it looks fine and once they're on the road people will come around.

Now get busy and don't spend too much time counting down days- i find if i distract myself the time goes by faster. hope July comes soon for you my friend, make sure you post lots of pics when you get it
Thank you. Ya, waiting is going to be hard so I'll try to keep myself occupied.
No worries there… congrats

Happy Motoring…
Congrats I just bought my 2023 premium on friday. You are going to love it.
Welcome and keep us updated. The new front looks fine. It's just different.
Reactions: 2
Congrats I just bought my 2023 premium on friday. You are going to love it.
Congrats to you too.

Thanks, I'm very excited.
I know I'm months away, but also trying to plan things out. I'm considering flying to the dealer rather than having it shipped to me. I'd then engage in a 3500 mile road trip to get home. It would be for fun (National parks etc) and to see family.

Any other car and I wouldn't question it. I want to do this with the GTR, but would like some insight from seasoned owners.

I plan on receiving the car, getting it detailed to remove all factory and transportation debris, adding full front ppf (maybe full car), and ceramic coating. I'd do the 1k POS at ~1135 miles based on my desired route.

I road trip all my cars, but this would be the longest trip to date with the nicest car to date and want to make sure it's not an insane plan for the GTR.

Doggo is gonna be my copilot so I have to get her travel certificates started soon. It'll be a daily driver that goes on at least one 1k road trip a year, so I'm not afraid to put on miles, just want to make sure I'm not crazy to take it off the lot and directly into a long trip.

I like breaking in cars on road trips vs daily driving, so the boring part will at least have good visuals.
See less See more
I know I'm months away, but also trying to plan things out. I'm considering flying to the dealer rather than having it shipped to me. I'd then engage in a 3500 mile road trip to get home. It would be for fun (National parks etc) and to see family.

Any other car and I wouldn't question it. I want to do this with the GTR, but would like some insight from seasoned owners.

I plan on receiving the car, getting it detailed to remove all factory and transportation debris, adding full front ppf (maybe full car), and ceramic coating. I'd do the 1k POS at ~1135 miles based on my desired route.

I road trip all my cars, but this would be the longest trip to date with the nicest car to date and want to make sure it's not an insane plan for the GTR.

Doggo is gonna be my copilot so I have to get her travel certificates started soon. It'll be a daily driver that goes on at least one 1k road trip a year, so I'm not afraid to put on miles, just want to make sure I'm not crazy to take it off the lot and directly into a long trip.

I like breaking in cars on road trips vs daily driving, so the boring part will at least have good visuals.
Sounds like a plan. Something you will remember forever.
Welcome and enjoy. Doggo should be excited for the trip.

FWIW majority of LIFE hated the 17 when it was released, think it’s safe to say it’s the other way around now.

Personally, I actually like the ‘24 facelift.
Reactions: 2
Welcome and enjoy. Doggo should be excited for the trip.

FWIW majority of LIFE hated the 17 when it was released, think it’s safe to say it’s the other way around now.

Personally, I actually like the ‘24 facelift.
Agree. If I had not got a '23 exactly how I wanted, I would be working to get a '24. Congrats to OP.
I had to revisit this thread. Just over a month of waiting and my GTR's planned production month has arrived. I'm going a little crazy without having a car I enjoy driving. Have read dozens of hours of content on here and have watched as many videos I can find.

It's not enough! I feel like an addict without even having a taste of GTR life. Best case is late July. WTH do I do with myself until then?

I guess I could roll up to a cars and coffee in my amazing Toyota Camry rental and seek out future gear head companions? I've always been a lone wolf type, but joining this forum has changed my mind.

Most my friends don't know or care about cars, and the one that does is a badge snob lol. But this community seems great and I hope I can meet some GTR owners in the Pacific Northwest soon. Our summer is ideal for the GTR. Badass mountain passes for hours. And Central to Eastern WA is ideal for high speed convoys. The Columbia River gorge section of 20 ish miles is insanely fun. I've taken it at 130 mph in a heavy ass GT sedan, can only imagine what the GTR will do to that stretch of road.

Guess I'm just rambling at this point. I feel I ramble more with each day I wait. I'm even excited about a white car (bottom of my list the last 20+ years). The pic from the e-brochure with the white GTR banking atop the snow got me, hook, line and sinker. Although I gag at most white cars I see, I've started to actually notice the different whites that exist.

This is what happens when I'm deprived of spirited driving. Save me (or yourself from my massive rant).
See less See more
You are literally me haha. My '24 was just built last month (April production) and is anticipated late June for delivery. Fortunately for me, I still have my MK5 Supra that I'm daily driving until I get my VIN and shipping confirmation. I also got white with red premium interior. Then I'll sell it once I know the car is ~1 month out. I've been doing nothing but reading everything and anything on this forum, watching youtube reviews, buying accessories... (I already got a keychain, GTR carbon license plate, etc.). Anticipation is killing me haha.

Timing will be great for the summer here in LA. But man, taking delivery is the first thing I think about in the morning and the last thing on my mind when I go to sleep. Even driving the hell out of the Supra isn't enough for me to kill the anticipation a bit haha. Trying to plan a roadtrip already!
You good sir get no sympathy! A month earlier build AND you get to play with a supra in the meantime. I almost bought something to entertain me while I wait, but I doubt it would fill the void.
Oh and don't sell your supra a month out of gtr delivery unless you have another fun ride. That month will seem like a lifetime
Lol it'll definitely be one of the longest waits of my life for sure. But I think it will help make delivery that much more special.
Welcome, and congratulations! Really like the plans to protect immediately upon delivery. Wish I had done the same - at the time I didn't think of saving some money for PPF and now 5 years later, I kinda regret it.

Also recommend an early oil change once you are done with your road trip!
Love how well you have it all planned out! You’re gonna love it
Haha thanks. I can't even see the vehicle yet, so future planning is all I can do. (Even though I can't be sure of anything due to it being a 24... guessing most parts will be compatible?)

Despite that massive plan to take it from Texas to Washington, I'm [begrudgingly] opting to have it delivered. So many variables with that trip that could go sideways, and while I want to do that right away, I need to put the car first.

This will be a forever car, so no need for an impulsive road trip. I want to learn every aspect of the car and how it behaves or I'd just be cheating both of us out of a good experience.

As much as I want to, I think it'll be best to get a few thousand miles on it first, make sure everything is performing as it should and then go buck wild.
1 - 20 of 24 Posts