Nissan GT-R Forum banner
1 - 20 of 61 Posts

·
Registered
1,640 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Who else will be throwing their social lives away with me this summer?

·
Registered
433 Posts
Ive gotten a ps vita 3g, ps3 and xbox 360 and dont have time to play them as is. but if you make it, enjoy. but im really wanting, on the pc game front is the new star wars rpg.

·
Registered
1,640 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Are you talking about the Old Republic? The one you have to pay to play? If you're into that those kind of games try the new Mass Effect 3!

·
Registered
1,570 Posts
Are you talking about the Old Republic? The one you have to pay to play? If you're into that those kind of games try the new Mass Effect 3!
Old Republic was okay, the game still felt like it was in the beta stages. Clunky fighting system (compared to WoW) both PvE and PvP. Tanking was annoying since every mob is practically ranged and you hardly have any high threat abilities. Healing is difficult because the stock UI sucks. The game could be much better with mods. Single player story line is good and it plays out the same way as Mass Effect with the choices.

Mass Effect 3 ftw. And definitely getting D3. Played a little on beta. It's fun, but I don't know if all the clicking will keep my interest as it did 10 years ago.

·
SF Bay Area Member
548 Posts
Oh yeah! I spent hours playing Diablo 2, think I lost a few girlfriends over that game too! Haha

·
Registered
1,640 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hahahaha, my gf should be pretty scared... But I'm sure she will be more addicted to the game than me. NAGTROC's very own D3 clan

·
Registered
475 Posts

·
Premium Member
11,288 Posts
games these days are not as good as they used to be or im just getting older... na they just terrible tho looks like more people are playing them now. i played and loved the first diablo ... the 2nd one grew on me but didn't play it as often. ill likely give it a try but i don't play many games anymore. gt4 is the only game i play on ps3 and i only have two games on my laptop i play only once in a while. this is mostly due to game maker pumping out games with bugs, bad gameplay, bad ai, hackers, releasing a game before its finished and specs that don't run on slower machines. sounds like a loose loose. id rather find a nintendo or Atari or play old pc games.

i think the problem is the market is focused more on grfx and upgrading the hardware rather than making real balanced gameplay with ai that gets better rather than using stupid ai from 1980s.

they just want to make money so they make it stunning and pop it out and fix what they can. a few titles seem to be addictive to some like world of warcraft ... I've never played it... but love warcraft 1,2,3!

anyways im not getting hyped up over this diablo 3 but i do want to play it... kinda wish more elements of diable1 were in the 2nd version so maybe well see some in the 3rd ... im hoping lol.

·
Registered
929 Posts
Looking forward to this as well!

·
Registered
1,640 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
games these days are not as good as they used to be or im just getting older... na they just terrible tho looks like more people are playing them now. i played and loved the first diablo ... the 2nd one grew on me but didn't play it as often. ill likely give it a try but i don't play many games anymore. gt4 is the only game i play on ps3 and i only have two games on my laptop i play only once in a while. this is mostly due to game maker pumping out games with bugs, bad gameplay, bad ai, hackers, releasing a game before its finished and specs that don't run on slower machines. sounds like a loose loose. id rather find a nintendo or Atari or play old pc games.

i think the problem is the market is focused more on grfx and upgrading the hardware rather than making real balanced gameplay with ai that gets better rather than using stupid ai from 1980s.

they just want to make money so they make it stunning and pop it out and fix what they can. a few titles seem to be addictive to some like world of warcraft ... I've never played it... but love warcraft 1,2,3!

anyways im not getting hyped up over this diablo 3 but i do want to play it... kinda wish more elements of diable1 were in the 2nd version so maybe well see some in the 3rd ... im hoping lol.
The beauty of the Diablo series is that its always stood for those people who just want a good game and not particularly the best graphics. Even if you look at the recommended system requirements for D3, I can easily run it on my laptop or my built PC. And you're crazy to think D1 was better than D2. D2 is an absolute legend in the gaming industry, it did become a bit of a hack fest in the end though.

·
Premium Member
737 Posts
Old Republic was okay, the game still felt like it was in the beta stages. Clunky fighting system (compared to WoW) both PvE and PvP. Tanking was annoying since every mob is practically ranged and you hardly have any high threat abilities. Healing is difficult because the stock UI sucks. The game could be much better with mods. Single player story line is good and it plays out the same way as Mass Effect with the choices.

Mass Effect 3 ftw. And definitely getting D3. Played a little on beta. It's fun, but I don't know if all the clicking will keep my interest as it did 10 years ago.
totally agree on everything above. Looking forward for D3. Hopefully blizz will make the wait worth it....

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
cant wait. gt-r d3 runs...

·
Registered
589 Posts
I worked on this game a few years ago, glad to see it finally about to ship.

·
Registered
1,640 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Nice! What did you do? Did you work for the now defunct Blizzard North?

1 - 20 of 61 Posts