Nissan GT-R Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone,

This is my first post here as Im close to finalizing a deal to acquire a 2015 GT-R Black Edition w/ ~11K miles. The prior owner moved to Nebraska from Ontario and imported the car to the states, eventually traded it into a dealership and now Im looking to acquire the car from said dealership.

Ive searched around and couldnt quite find anything specific. Ive read that Canadian cars are specd differently than American cars (understandably so) and I wanted to see if anyone knew what exactly the differences would be for a GTR built for the USA and one for Canada? Aside from the odometer showing kilometers as the dominant speed, is there anything else I should know about?

I really appreciate all the help and input. Looking forward to more involvement here!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I guess one other question to note is whether or not it would be worth paying more potentially to get an American GT-R instead of a Canadian one? There happens to be another GT-R BE with ~10K miles, but is a 2016, so one MY newer, but is being sold for for about $4K more. I just dont know if its worth it to shell out the extra $4K and not worry about any hassle about the Canadian car entirely and potential resale issues down the road, or if Im just being paranoid/naive.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
@droptopp appreciate the reply! Are you talking about the odometer? Because the odometer I figured you can switch from KM to miles on the fly which lines up with the carfax. I have video of the dash on the car and it does show the accurate mileage (in miles) which matches up with Carfax. Correct me if I'm wrong though.

The speedo though you're right is in kilometers, but I guess I looked at that as more of a minor gripe rather than a big salability issue. I was intending to just put the speed on the MFD and not even use the analog speedo.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.