Nissan GT-R Forum banner
1 - 20 of 60 Posts

·
Registered
2,198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Since we're now carrying a wide variety of Pearls and Flakes at the shop I thought it was about time we dipped the GT-R in one of the new colors. Now I've been meaning to do this for the last 2-3 weeks, but to be honest with you.....EVERY color pearl looks so damn nice I couldn't decide which one. I was torn between Royal Candy Blue and Deep Candy Purple, and finally said screw it, and just mixed them both together and hoped for the best lolz. Soon as the Pearls started to blend up in the bucket I new it was going to turn out good, I just never thought it would look this good. Depending on the lighting is changes from blue to purple, and at night it gets even better.

As always, feel free to post up any questions or comments, and thanks for looking.

Dip/Pearls Used:

1 Gallon Matte Black used for the base coat

50 grams of Deep Purple Candy Pearl
50 grams of Royal Blue Candy Pearl

1 Gallon Matte Clear
1 Gallon Gloss Clear

·
Registered
552 Posts
Awesome. Do they have a nice candy red pearl?

·
Super Moderator
9,141 Posts
Is the pearl put into the matte clear, then sprayed and then final coat is gloss clear?

·
Registered
1,010 Posts
What's it cost to have this done?

783 Posts
At it again I see Jeremy. I peeled my orange off 2 months ago. I did like it though. That stuff is crazy!!!!! Maybe I will do it again in the future with these new colors. Best of luck and thanks for all the tips and help when I needed it

·
Registered
628 Posts
This looks amazing and i bet it even looks better in person!

·
Registered
593 Posts
That look is sinister J! Deezam.

Ive been thinking about orange with my black accents, HREs... how many days do you need?

·
Registered
1,469 Posts
wow! Looks great!

·
Registered
549 Posts
I've been debating whether to dip just matte clear or Satin clear on my car Super Silver GTR. I have been using the pearls for awhile. You just sold me to pull the trigger on a custom color.
You did an amazing job, car looks sick!

One question/concern I have though. Did you have a hard time at all getting any of the dip off the car? I was looking at the plastic panel right above the door window and roof. It looks like any of the over spray that gets in under it would be near impossible to get out?

Also thanks for posting how many gallons and what all you used, but can you inform us on how many coats of each color? I'm guessing 2 coats of black and 4 coats of peal?
Thanks

Sent from my Nexus 7 using GT-R Life mobile app

1 - 20 of 60 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.