Nissan GT-R Forum banner
1 - 20 of 195 Posts

·
R35 GT-R
2,070 Posts
Okay guys, here's the deal.

As my R1KX delivery date started getting nearer and nearer, my best friend mentioned to me that he was getting the itch to modify his P600 GT-R for more power. Shortly thereafter, Switzer came out with their P800 sale, and once my friend and I discussed it, he was sold. Fast-forward to less than two weeks later, his P800 had arrived home and he and I went out and started tearing up the streets. Immediately, we were both blown away by the drivability, quietness and smoothness of the car. I honestly couldn't get over how well it drove. Better than stock. No BS. I actually made mention of the drivability of his car in this post in late January: http://www.nagtroc.o...st-impressions/

Nevertheless, the more I started to really think about it, the more I realized that for my lifestyle, I wanted a car with that type of drivability and quietness, but with more power than a P800 or E900. The fact is, with big, powerful builds like mine; things are loud. Promax clutches are loud. Billet gears are loud. Uncompromising exhausts are loud. I actually started 'thinking' about possibly reducing the power in my car to quiet it down and make it more civilized. Keeping with the Joneses and trying to set records just isn't important to me these days.

One day I finally decided I needed to inform Tym of my dilemma. He responds with, "I already have what you're looking for, but I haven't released it officially yet". Turns out he was sitting on a brand-new 2012 Black Edition with a package that he dubbed "Ultimate Street Edition". It's a 93-octane only build that made 927 awhp and 734 ft lbs torque. He kept the torque low so you don't have to run loud Promax clutches and billet gears. It also has his new 90mm exhaust shown in the video here (the car in the vid is actually my car): http://www.youtube.c...d&v=bL4RLxRq_Rk

According to Tym, his goal was to build a package that he himself would want to own and drive on a daily basis. One that was extremely reliable, civil, quiet, that could still rip off consistent 9-second ¼ mile runs and 200+ mph standing mile runs on 93 octane and 20" street tires.

So…fast forward to yesterday, when Tym and I agreed on a deal where he takes my R1K-X and I take the '12 Ultimate. I'm stoked! The car will eventually be running new, one-piece forged Switzer wheels. The engine is fully-built, has all the bells and whistles (rods, pistons, pins, rings, oil pump, fuel, cooling, etc), and of course the tranny has been upgraded to custom specs commensurate to its power levels by John Shepherd at Sheptrans (who else?), plus a tranny cooler. The car is lowered, but uses the stock struts. It also has upgraded pads that provide more stopping power and significantly better wear. Anyway, I'll have more info to follow soon.

Below are some pics of the car as it sits now, as well as the 93-octane dyno graph.

Attachments

·
Registered
140 Posts
That's amazing Scott. I just happened to get into a 2012 BE as well, I'm very happy with the car so far and I haven't even broken her in yet. Truly an ultimate DD type of car, I love the BE interior and actually really like the BE wheels as well... I agree with your perspective, that breaking records (although very cool), will give up the many great comforts the car offers in stock form. I will look to add power in the future, but as my DD, don't want to sacrifice those comforts. Congrats!

·
driving big boats
540 Posts
I'm jealous. Congrats on your new ride! Team Switzer never ceases to amaze. One day ill upgrade to the Ultimate Street Edition

·
Registered
2,942 Posts
Scott - I think you convinced me to do the same.

Congrats on an exciting direction - this has got to be one of the highest HP builds on 93 Octane (on a Mustang Dyno to boot!)...which is what you will be driving 99% of the time.

Amazing!

·
Premium Member
1,789 Posts
Congrats on the new ride

927whp is really impressive on 93 octane

From your explanation it is "Ultimate Street Edition"

Keep us updated on how it feels compared to your old R1KX

·
R35 GT-R
2,070 Posts
Congrats on the new ride

927whp is really impressive on 93 octane

From your explanation it is "Ultimate Street Edition"

Keep us updated on how it feels compared to your old R1KX
Will do, Max. And thank you.

·
R35 GT-R
2,070 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·

·
Registered
30 Posts
Congrats Scott, I like the move, I have no doubt you'll still do some great stuff with the car in one way or another, can't wait to see you back out there brother.

·
Administrator
4,166 Posts
According to Tym, his goal was to build a package that he himself would want to own and drive on a daily basis. One that was extremely reliable, civil, quiet, that could still rip off consistent 9-second ¼ mile runs and 200+ mph standing mile runs on 93 octane and street tires (real street tires, not DRs or R-compounds).
And all of that in a '12 BE... Love it! Cars are made to be driven. Looking forward to more impressions. Congrats!

1 - 20 of 195 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.