Nissan GT-R Forum banner
1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
644 Posts
A lot of us NorCal guys were burning up fwd clutch units in the beginning when using the syvecs controller. Not sure if it was in the clutch set up or what but I never tried it again after I burned up the first set of clutches. I see the big dogs like ams ,ETS and T1 doing burn outs but they may have some special trick on how to set the fwd clutch up to use it properly.

I'm on the verge of 8s and would live to use it to heat my 18 nto5s up but don't want to fry my clutch so I have held off

Any fast guys out there know if there are any tricks to this?

Special clutch set up?
Are my guess

Thanks

·
Will trade patents for car parts
508 Posts
A lot of us NorCal guys were burning up fwd clutch units in the beginning when using the syvecs controller. Not sure if it was in the clutch set up or what but I never tried it again after I burned up the first set of clutches. I see the big dogs like ams ,ETS and T1 doing burn outs but they may have some special trick on how to set the fwd clutch up to use it properly.

I'm on the verge of 8s and would live to use it to heat my 18 nto5s up but don't want to fry my clutch so I have held off

Any fast guys out there know if there are any tricks to this?

Special clutch set up?
Are my guess

Thanks
Jack's Zero Preload ETS is what you need.

·
Registered
644 Posts
I should check with Shep to see how he sets them up

·
Registered
697 Posts
Jack's Zero Preload ETS is what you need.
What he said. Talk to Jack and get his Zero preload ETS. He has a switch or you can use the syvecs box. (I run the syvecs box only because he didn't have his switch available when I had the zero pre-load installed.

·
Will trade patents for car parts
508 Posts
You do? That's awesome!

BTW, I don't think I have your email, can you PM me? I wanted to see if you were going to do Trackday at Nissfest at Fontana on November 21. I am signed up.

Yup. There's always some preload on the stock ETS, of course you'll burn up the clutches.

Nick, I have the zero preload on my ETS now. Haven't put in a switch yet.

·
Registered
1,549 Posts
Ecutek Phase 5 software eliminates Jacks Transmission's Zero Preload ETS rendering it useless.
I would caution anyone considering upgrades to Phase 5 that have the Zero preload.
I for one am forced to go back to Phase 4 or consider spending more money on a Syvecs controller if that will even work with the Phase 5..
Needless to say I'm very disappointed in Ecutek..

·
Vendor
5,237 Posts
We sold one of the Do Luck AWD Switchers to a customer recently (it was the first one outside of Japan, and he just received it last month), but haven't heard any feedback yet.

The DAS is not really intended for full time RWD use, especially for stationary use as in burnouts, as there is a mechanical pre-load built into the AWD system. The intention is more for for those that want heavy rear-drive bias for circuit use, or for drifting (basically any type of driving that involves the front wheels moving).

·
Super Moderator
8,950 Posts
Ecutek Phase 5 software eliminates Jacks Transmission's Zero Preload ETS rendering it useless.
I would caution anyone considering upgrades to Phase 5 that have the Zero preload.
I for one am forced to go back to Phase 4 or consider spending more money on a Syvecs controller if that will even work with the Phase 5..
From what I know, the mod itself to the ETS that Jacks does still works, but the switch they had has been rendered inactive ever since the latest Ecutek and Cobb firmware releases.

·
Registered
1,549 Posts
We sold one of the Do Luck AWD Switchers to a customer recently (it was the first one outside of Japan, and he just received it last month), but haven't heard any feedback yet.

The DAS is not really intended for full time RWD use, especially for stationary use as in burnouts, as there is a mechanical pre-load built into the AWD system. The intention is more for for those that want heavy rear-drive bias for circuit use, or for drifting (basically any type of driving that involves the front wheels moving).
The Do Luck website says its perfect for burn outs!
I certainly don't want to burn up my clutches though.
Before phase 5 was downloaded Jacks system of zero preload worked great.

Any other thoughts?

·
Vendor
5,237 Posts
The Do Luck website says its perfect for burn outs!
I certainly don't want to burn up my clutches though.
Before phase 5 was downloaded Jacks system of zero preload worked great.

Any other thoughts?
It's okay for some burn-outs, but not constantly beating on the car while stationary.

·
Registered
1,549 Posts
It's okay for some burn-outs, but not constantly beating on the car while stationary.
Thanks I appreciate your opinion
I'd love to hear from Ecutek, they cost me a lot of needless expense! lol

·
Registered
5,224 Posts
Phase 5 didn't change anything to do with the ETS unit.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts