Nissan GT-R Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently picked up an F82 (BMWM4) and love it! I have, however, always have been in love with the GTR since the R32. I wanted to join this forum and read up a bit to learn as much as possible before I eventually [inevitably] decide to get my dream car, an R35. Since I have barely owned my F82 for a month, I dont want to be hasty and jump into a GTR.

Im hoping within a year (or two max) I could DD the M4 and joy ride the GTR, if all goes well.

Just wanted to introduce myself and share my love for one of the greatest performance cars IMO.

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
Very misleading thread title

·
R.I.P. Paul Walker
7,534 Posts
I recently picked up an F82 (BMWM4) and love it! I have, however, always have been in love with the GTR since the R32. I wanted to join this forum and read up a bit to learn as much as possible before I eventually [inevitably] decide to get my dream car, an R35. Since I have barely owned my F82 for a month, I dont want to be hasty and jump into a GTR.

Im hoping within a year (or two max) I could DD the M4 and joy ride the GTR, if all goes well.

Just wanted to introduce myself and share my love for one of the greatest performance cars IMO.
Welcome..the m4 is an amazing car as well.

Sent from my Galaxy S5 using GT-R Life mobile app

·
Registered
1,710 Posts
My previous car was an M4. I almost got an F80 6MT after, but went back to a GTR - I had a GTR back in 2013.

The one thing you'll notice off the bat with the GTR is the clunkyness as opposed to the M. The M DCT is so crisp and nice vs the GTR. Of course the luxury and technology is way above the GTR as well.

Performance and penis attention can't be compared though.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Trade the F82 , my fiancé and I own a f80 and its a nice car (she even worked for BMW, I work for Nissan) Car for car we both agree the Gtr is better in most every areas except for a few. The BMW seats are nicer than the premiums seats, the transmission shifts smoother IMO,it's 7 speed vs 6 speed(currently). It's got a carbon fiber roof vs aluminum. She's however can attest these small advantages mean little when I pull away from her

·
Registered
3,750 Posts
Do not own a BMW!

One day I will

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
Do not own a BMW!

One day I will
Haha right.

Do not ever own a GTR!

They break and are slow. I mean, I want to always own one, they're so fast!

·
Registered
6,756 Posts
Do not own a GTR!

Hmm.

Is that a statement or a directive?

It doesn't matter, your intent became clear quickly, so welcome and keep reading and get some ideas about what options you have.

Post some pictures when you have time.

·
Registered
1,710 Posts
Trade the F82 , my fiancé and I own a f80 and its a nice car (she even worked for BMW, I work for Nissan)
Man... I have a friend that works for BMW and his employee lease on his F82 is ridiculously cheap. So jelly.

·
Registered
386 Posts
Well I'm confused. For your M4 I'm sure you paid at least 70k+? Well you could have purchased a 2014,2015 used Nissan GT-R. Why didn't you just go get a GT-R?

Sent from my SM-N900T using GT-R Life mobile app

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Well I'm confused. For your M4 I'm sure you paid at least 70k+? Well you could have purchased a 2014,2015 used Nissan GT-R. Why didn't you just go get a GT-R?

Sent from my SM-N900T using GT-R Life mobile app
M4 was a better DD (for me personally) since i was already spoiled somehwat with my F30 (335Xi). The GTR is geared more towards performance and many actually conider it entry level exotic. I know it can obviously be daily driven, but its more like wine, an acquired taste, but not for everyone. I love these cars to death but I would use the GTR primarily for track and for more thrill than my M4.

As far as trading in the M4, I also love the car to death and it is an awesome all around car for every day use for me. I also would have a heart attack losing all that money due to depreciation in 1 month.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Sorry everyone for being misleading. I guess I didnt realize it until some of you mentioned it. I should have added the word "yet" to the end.

Thank you all for being understanding though and not being critical, compared to "other" forums lol.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Do not own a GTR!

Hmm.

Is that a statement or a directive?

It doesn't matter, your intent became clear quickly, so welcome and keep reading and get some ideas about what options you have.

Post some pictures when you have time.
HAHA sorry for being misleading. I guess I didnt realize it could have come off that way. But I will definitely post pictures. Thank you and everyone else for the warm welcomes.

·
Registered
909 Posts
I had an E90 M3 which I thought I loved until I hit my GTR. Like others have said, can't really compare the two. The new M4's are awesome though.... Got to love bmw free maintenance too but I don't see it getting much better than a GTR.... Welcome....

·
Asian Sensation
43 Posts
I've also come from a E92 M3 DCT. I looked and drove the M4's before I got the GTR. The M is more luxurious but the GTR is in a completely different class when it comes to performance. There's so many M's on the road compared to the GTR. The GTR also has much more command presence than a M4.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.