Nissan GT-R Forum banner
1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
2,024 Posts
Hey guys, going to take my car in for an oil change prior to putting the car away for the winter. However, as of the last 4 months or so I've noticed my CF diffuser has started to become more and more faded, and now even has these white spots. Im worried that it will eventually start to peel (when my warranty is over) like many other DBA members have reported.

My question is, do you guys think the dealership will replace it the way it currently sits?

Thanks guys!

my fear is that it will eventually start to look more and more like this:

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
They should. This is well known issue as well as the strut bar inside the engine bay.

·
Registered
2,024 Posts
They should. This is well known issue as well as the strut bar inside the engine bay.
Yeah I'm definitely going to get the strut replaced. I think u saw the pictures of mine I posted in the other thread right?
Just wasn't sure if this was "bad enough yet" to warrant the replacement

·
R.I.P. Paul Walker
7,534 Posts
Good luck. I'd simply show the dealer this thread and those 2 pictures. Hopefully they acknowledge it and take care of it.

Sent from my Galaxy S5 using GT-R Life mobile app

·
Registered
2,024 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Good luck. I'd simply show the dealer this thread and those 2 pictures. Hopefully they acknowledge it and take care of it.

Sent from my Galaxy S5 using GT-R Life mobile app
Thanks man. It looks like mine (pic 1) is starting to turn white in the exact same places that the one in the picture peeled from (pic 2), which is what worries me! Really hoping they'll understand and replace it. Do you think that the way it currently sits warrants a replacement?

·
Registered
193 Posts
The dealer should have no problem at all replacing it. The dealer will make money from this service and this is fully warrantied by Nissan so I can't see why you would have a problem

·
Registered
2,024 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
The dealer should have no problem at all replacing it. The dealer will make money from this service and this is fully warrantied by Nissan so I can't see why you would have a problem
That's promising. Didn't know the dealer made money on warranty work, I thought they would hate it since the labour is paid out of their own pockets?

·
Registered
2,024 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
yeah, shouldnt be an issue. I just had mine replaced and it wasnt even that bad.
Urs wasn't as bad as mine when u had it changed? Do you happen to have any pics?

·
Registered
876 Posts
Get it done before the 3 year warranty is up. My 2012 BE was a few months past and they told me to get lost. I ended up getting it re-sprayed for about $300.

·
Registered
2,024 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Get it done before the 3 year warranty is up. My 2012 BE was a few months past and they told me to get lost. I ended up getting it re-sprayed for about $300.
Yeah thats the plan. Damn, I would have thought that they would have done it under goodwill or something if it was only a few months, guess not
. You think its bad enough now to warrant a replacement?

·
Registered
54 Posts
Bought mine brand new like that, got it replaced at dealership under warranty. It is a known problem and a hefty $4k piece of part, so get it replace under warranty asap.

·
Registered
2,024 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Bought mine brand new like that, got it replaced at dealership under warranty. It is a known problem and a hefty $4k piece of part, so get it replace under warranty asap.
So urs looked very similar to mine and they just replaced it? Definitely going to try and have it replaced then!

·
Registered
32 Posts
That's promising. Didn't know the dealer made money on warranty work, I thought they would hate it since the labour is paid out of their own pockets?
All dealers make money on warranty work. It's just not as much as they do on "customer pay" work. The manufacturer reimburses the dealer a preset amount for each job depending on how many hours the job books for. They probably pay the tech $25 an hour and get reimbursed from Nissan about $75 an hour. Don't worry they will make money on it. The problem is that if they start claiming too much against warranty, Nissan may start denying their claims. In addition, some jobs that involve a lot of labor or expensive parts may need to be pre-approved by a Nissan Service representative.

I was a service manager for a Chrysler dealer and later a BMW dealer. It's a fine line between doing too much warranty work and making Nissan upset versus not doing enough and making customers upset.

-Scott

·
Registered
2,024 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
All dealers make money on warranty work. It's just not as much as they do on "customer pay" work. The manufacturer reimburses the dealer a preset amount for each job depending on how many hours the job books for. They probably pay the tech $25 an hour and get reimbursed from Nissan about $75 an hour. Don't worry they will make money on it. The problem is that if they start claiming too much against warranty, Nissan may start denying their claims. In addition, some jobs that involve a lot of labor or expensive parts may need to be pre-approved by a Nissan Service representative.

I was a service manager for a Chrysler dealer and later a BMW dealer. It's a fine line between doing too much warranty work and making Nissan upset versus not doing enough and making customers upset.

-Scott
Oh kk I see. Thanks for the info man, I had no idea how it worked.

Here's to hoping they will take the job on and do the replacement then!

·
Registered
876 Posts
Yeah thats the plan. Damn, I would have thought that they would have done it under goodwill or something if it was only a few months, guess not
. You think its bad enough now to warrant a replacement?
Mine was full on bubbled but had not peeled yet.

·
Registered
2,024 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Mine was full on bubbled but had not peeled yet.
wow thats brutal. Feel bad for you. You didn't see it earlier to get it addressed before the bumper to bumper ended?

·
Registered
32 Posts
Oh kk I see. Thanks for the info man, I had no idea how it worked.

Here's to hoping they will take the job on and do the replacement then!
I would imagine that they would do it for you. If others have had it replaced with no issues I don't foresee any reason why they would deny yours.

·
Registered
2,024 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I would imagine that they would do it for you. If others have had it replaced with no issues I don't foresee any reason why they would deny yours.
Fingers are crossed!

1 - 20 of 55 Posts