Nissan GT-R Forum banner
1 - 20 of 113 Posts

·
Registered
2,158 Posts
Very impressive. Those who has seen the last video knew there was more in it. I wonder what was done to the car this time around.

·
Registered
681 Posts
NO REPLACEMENT FOR DISPLACEMENT haahahahhaa this car is making everything look slow! 7:03!!!! Thats a number no car might touch until 2025...all I can say is well done

·
Registered
2,158 Posts
ACR-X that did 7:03 has 640 hp, is gutted with more downforce, and not street legal. For the price, untouchable. For the class it's in, already beaten by cars many times it's price. Ferrari 599xx and the track only Pagani have broke the 6 minute mark. It hasn't been made public, however, what was done to the ACR, this time, to hit 7:12. Very impressive, nonetheless.

·
Premium Member
479 Posts
wow.. just plain wow

·
Registered
2,270 Posts
Very impressive. Those who has seen the last video knew there was more in it. I wonder what was done to the car this time around.
The 2010 ACR has different gearing in 4th and 5th iirc so that it wouldn't have been smashing up against the rev limiter like the '09 version did, plus there is a larger rear wing with reportedly more downforce. Otherwise the cars are similar.
Bish

·
Original BNR32 'Zilla.
790 Posts
[Skyliner]It had cut slicks and cupholders!
I refuse to believe that this POS car with ancient lolrod motor went that fast on a track![/Skyliner]

well driven, fat man from Alabama!

·
Registered
7,876 Posts
Very impressive... was it a factory stock ACR? I thought the Viper was not currently on sale. By definition, a production car is one "that has been assembled for sale to the general public as opposed to a concept vehicle that is not available to be purchased".

If they took the most recent version and tweaked it more (without a 'for sale' model), then it is really a development vehicle (possibly for the upcoming Viper replacement) or is a factory tuner car which would disqualify it as a production car. If it was a straight up 2010 Viper ACR, that time is insane. Either way, it does indicate good things for the next Viper.

·
Sobchak Security
3,531 Posts
I thought the Viper had been discontinued and the name sold?

·
Registered
129 Posts
Very impressive... was it a factory stock ACR? I thought the Viper was not currently on sale. By definition, a production car is one "that has been assembled for sale to the general public as opposed to a concept vehicle that is not available to be purchased".

If they took the most recent version and tweaked it more (without a 'for sale' model), then it is really a development vehicle (possibly for the upcoming Viper replacement) or is a factory tuner car which would disqualify it as a production car. If it was a straight up 2010 Viper ACR, that time is insane. Either way, it does indicate good things for the next Viper.
Yes, it was a factory stock 2010 Viper ACR taken directly from the showroom floor of Tomball Dodge. 2010 was the last year for the Gen 4 Viper. The Gen 5 has not yet been revealed nor tested around The Ring.

There are plenty of new Gen 4 Vipers still available for purchase.... I'm sure the remaining ACRs will be snatched up quick.

·
Registered
6,553 Posts
Good to see the "Ferrari Wannabe" (aka Lexus LFA) being beaten to death by Dodge Viper. Down with Ferrari wannabes!!!
ZR1 was also destroyed. As for GTR, it is still the fastest 4-seater around Nurburgring!

·
Sobchak Security
3,531 Posts
I find it quite Ironic that the same hate towards the GT-R that was/is so prevalent, is displayed here towards the LF-A.

I'd take a LF-A over a vette or viper EVERY time.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
From Automobile Magazine:

"If you just shelled out $400,000 for a Lexus LFA Nürburgring Edition just to brag about its 7:14 lap time around the Nürburgring, we have some bad news: A 2010 Dodge Viper ACR just went around the green hell and it beat your car. By two seconds."
http://rumors.automobilemag.com/dodge-viper-acr-laps-nurburgring-in-712-bests-lexus-lfa-75991.html#ixzz1Y2IMtIKK​

·
Premium Member
9,468 Posts
damn thats crazy... there actually one in my city ..i think its the same one with 640hp

seems like they brought 3 of them and probly did like 50 laps

·
Sobchak Security
3,531 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
If you buy a car just to brag about a Nring time, that you would have no chance replicating, then you are officially an idiot.
Well a lot of people who aren't car enthusiast think we're all idiots for buying high performance cars and driving them on public roads where there are speed limits.

1 - 20 of 113 Posts