Nissan GT-R Forum banner

Dodson transmission pressure sensor

45K views 174 replies 24 participants last post by  Zenith_automotive 
Argh I'm just coming off a fresh engine build and Shep Stage 2.5 trans upgrade -- builder is getting ready to fire 'er up --- but with the Dodson sensors/module i'm trying to figure out if installing the module or adjusting the map inputs instead. I'd much prefer to adjust within the CobbAP.

post-367698-0-63230000-1602592936.jpg

The CobbAP was on the car when I bought it - not sure if it has TCM tuning with it or not. May I ask for the screen capture above -- is that the Map settings within Cobb Accessport Manager software downloaded to the laptop? Or its a screen from within the Cobb AP handheld unit itself?

Any detailed help how to get to those map settings to make the trans adjustment for Dodson sensors would be appreciated! (or wiring diagram on the Dodson module into the GTR would be a huge help!)

I have the module so if i could skip the hassle and wire it in real quick get the car driving to come home from the engine builders (2.5hr drive) that would be ideal. I could get the TCM trans tuning going at a later point. Not gonna be driving the car hard for first 1000 miles anyways!

Or do I also need the TCM tuning option on the CobbAP in order to get to transmission to "relearn" mode for the updated Shep 2.5 and brand new Dodson sensors with it?

This car is really too much sometimes lol! Really hope my brand new Dodson sensors aren't faulty at the get go (or in the first 800 miles either) :headshake: I know it will be worth it in the end but i unloaded this bad boy in vid link to go at a GTR and now the GTR has been in build mode for the better part of a year not long after I got it. (ha, the Scrambler took nearly as long to frame off rebuild!)

So they go.... :doh:

Thank you Fauxshow but how does it get wired in? There's 5 wires that I counted if I recall correctly?

Shop won't put it in they have no clue and are lazy fuqs. They build the engine and put the trans back in so I'm happy with that.

I will go there and wire it in myself am a proficient solderer -- but what color wire to what color wire that's all I need!!

Anybody have a pic of it worked hook a bro up!?!

🙏🙈🙏

Installed the module and did relearn with the Cobb TCM after resetting capacities and touch points to 0.

Seems good to go for now.. still doing break-in for pistons, rods, and trans so will be a bit before I can really open it up. Made the trip home from shop in Toledo about two hrs and also hit up a couple shows since.

Got a P0181 (unrelated) fuel temp sensor but seems all good now not sure why that flagged but it sat with nearly year old fuel/20% ethanol so maybe the sensor is on its way out.

Other than that seems all good since the build finally nice to get some seat time!!! 🚀🚀🚀