Nissan GT-R Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
357 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Mine went to crap a couple months after the extended warranty ran out. Does anyone know what goes bad with the 2009 and 10 units? Don't really want to buy a used replacement if it can die at any moment.

·
Registered
349 Posts
.............of course Clarion engineers know what it the problem :) .

By my enough big experience , I do not suggest to buy used unit . In it can be repeated one of the permanent failures - 1).audio and FM radio lost ( ,NAVI CF card and CD work without sound , AC work ) , 2) HDD reading (unit still control AC in the emergency mode ) 3. Battery draining ( Unit does not off audio amplifier on the engine OFF position )4. Full dark screen (unit does not start and fully died ).

Other way I have other solutions which will play more longer :) . It already work over the world on the 10% of Nissan produced GTR's in 2008-2009 .

·
Registered
5 Posts
Can anyone point me in the direction of who can help with refurbishing existing AV units?

I have an '09 GT-R and have come down with the constant static from speakers and low volume setting resulting in extremely high volume output along with intermittent radio/ipod not producing any signal. No issues with screen. I am not looking to upgrade to the DBA unit as it's not worth it to me at this time.

To date I have contacted Clarion who pointed me to Nissan, and the GT-R hotline which didn't offer much help besides telling me next step is to go to dealer. I contacted Fontana Nissan as others have in the past, and they let me know they are currently not doing business with the previous repair shop they utilized due to bad service from them.

·
Registered
357 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Do you know what the problem is?

.............of course Clarion engineers know what it the problem :) .

By my enough big experience , I do not suggest to buy used unit . In it can be repeated one of the permanent failures - 1).audio and FM radio lost ( ,NAVI CF card and CD work without sound , AC work ) , 2) HDD reading (unit still control AC in the emergency mode ) 3. Battery draining ( Unit does not off audio amplifier on the engine OFF position )4. Full dark screen (unit does not start and fully died ).

Other way I have other solutions which will play more longer :) . It already work over the world on the 10% of Nissan produced GTR's in 2008-2009 .

·
Registered
10,116 Posts
Legartas - search

·
Registered
3,588 Posts
Lots of different things can go wrong. It's not just 1 or 2 things. Usually replacing the Head Unit can fix it up. Sometimes the screens go bad too, or an amp. But I would bet it's the HU. Seen them for sale used from people upgrading. These HU's also have a Hard Drive in them that can go bad! Best to just upgrade.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Mine went to crap a couple months after the extended warranty ran out. Does anyone know what goes bad with the 2009 and 10 units? Don't really want to buy a used replacement if it can die at any moment.
I have a used 09 US system. Had to swap to EUR so this one's available. Let me know if you're interested. Only did 10-15k miles on the system.

Sent from my TA-1012 using Tapatalk

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.