Nissan GT-R Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Do you ever get a "missed" shift from 1 -> 2?

This has happened to me 5 or 6 times over the last 5,000 miles. I'll be sitting at a stoplight, in manual mode and decide that I need to accelerate quickly when the light goes green. I give the car ~75% throttle, and as the tach shows ~4k rpm, I pull the upshift paddle for 2cnd gear. The car doesn't shift, and of course by the time I notice and can pull the paddle a second time, the motor is at or very near redline.

At first I thought I hadn't cleanly pulled the paddle, maybe it was just the switch didn't get a clean contact for long enough. But I find it kind of embarrassing to be redlining first gear when I didn't intend to, and so I started paying strict attention to how I was using the controls. As best I can tell, I'm using the controls correctly, and the car should be getting a shift signal. It just doesn't do it. And of course its very rare, there is no way (except luck) that this would ever reproduce during a test drive, so trying to show it to a nissan mechanic is not really going to happen. We'd have to spend all day going from stoplight to stoplight, and burn up a few tanks of gas!

I'm just curious, do any of the rest of you have this happen?

·
Registered
2,324 Posts
Never happened to me. If you don't want it to redline, don't put it in Manual R.

·
Registered
1,146 Posts
are you rolling up to the light? with lc2 and rolling to a stop sometimes i get in a weird zone where i hit the gas as it's deciding to down shift to first and it will rev to like 3-4k and then jerk forward when it engages. I've learned to make sure that i come to a complete stop at lights for a good second or two and that first is fully engaged before taking off.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.