Nissan GT-R Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there,

Right now Im considering to send my cores to one of the following companies: (AMS, SP Engineering .......any others if there is) still not satisfied with the power, and would like hear the opinion of owners who did the stock turbo upgraded internals which companies did they use?

My daily drive R35 have the following mods:
- AAM V2 intakes
- AMS catless DP
- 1000injectors
- Titanium Mid pipe
- Titanium exhaust

I'm leaning a bit towards AMS for the reputation they have.....any opinions?

·
<"))))><
3,706 Posts
Have you done turbo inlet pipes, actuators and e85 fuel? Those additions might satisfy you for a while longer while you contemplate next steps.

·
Registered
2,326 Posts
Have you done turbo inlet pipes, actuators and e85 fuel? Those additions might satisfy you for a while longer while you contemplate next steps.
Agree, except for the actuators...

·
Premium Member
12,530 Posts
I would take a look at our FP Spec turbo upgrade. Very fast spool up, while retaining superb top end power. Here is a recent build I finished tuning...700whp+ on 93 octane fuel.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Sorry forgot to mention the inlet pipes, yes I added the 2012 inlets, but have no access to e85, im in UAE. running 22 psi tapering to 15psi but defiantly will replace actuators when i do the turbo mod.

·
Registered
2,877 Posts
At this power level wouldn't the next best thing to do is internals?
Isn't it at around >600awtq people are having failures from the torque?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
NJNYCGTR,im with you on being conservative.
I will get the pistons and rods set later. but since we are talking to send the cores away it will take a month or so to get them back from the US.

·
R32 Member
200 Posts
[quote name='Black_Beast' timestamp='1320270060' post='788451']I'm leaning a bit towards AMS for the reputation they have.....any opinions?[/quote]

Thank you for the kind words. Please let me know if you have any questions about our Alpha 9 Turbos.

[quote name='NJNYCGTR' timestamp='1320270318' post='788453']At this power level wouldnt the next best thing to do is internals? Isn't it at around 600awtq people are having failures from the torque?[/quote]

You can push the stock block to about 700whp and 600 lb/ft of torque. As long as it is tuned properly you wouldn't have to worry about reliability.

·
Registered
2,877 Posts
Blackbird, True, forgot about the cores.

Dan, thanks for the clarification.
When you say tuned properly, you are talking about having the torque gradually increase and not a sudden jump, correct?

·
Vendor
2,420 Posts

Tested at one of the worse track conditions but we've managed to produce great results as well with our SPE750 package.

Feel free and give us a call anytime

Eugene @ SPE

1 - 12 of 12 Posts