Nissan GT-R Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
412 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
haha, don't freak out... hear me out...

almost 3 months of ownership now... and after 1 month of ownership i decided to bite the bullet and start daily driving my GTR despite my OCD to keep it a garage queen... fast forward almost 2 months to today and I'M SO ADDICTED to driving my GTR! i drive it every day to work, every weekend, every evening, every morning, and every everything in all weather conditions. never have i ever owned a car where i'm so totally happy just "driving" it.

so here's a few of my "reasons" i came up with to myself to take my GTR out:

1. need to go to work.
2. a quick drive before i go to bed.
3. it's dark but i don't get to drive much at night.
4. i miss driving it.
5. i need to go get a sunday paper.
6. mcdonalds?
7. gas is half empty.
8. gas is a quarter empty.
9. i haven't driven in the rain for awhile.
10. one more time before bed.
11. it's lunch time at work.
12. let's take the long way home.
13. i've never been down that road before.
14. i know i can go faster this time.
15. need to listen to new song in the car.
16. going to find new windows to drive by.
17. i wonder what's at the nissan dealership.
18. honey, did you need anything at the store?
19. it's saturday drive time; it's sunday drive time; etc.
20. i miss driving manual; i miss driving auto mode.

that's just 20 of my whatever reasons to go out in the car... loving it every single time. mind you that my drives are usually 45 minutes or less only. i can't count how many times i've been to the same gas station to fill up on 93... i don't even want to know how much i've spent on gas thus far in only almost 3 months of ownership.

let this be a warning... if you daily drive your GTR, you will get hooked and then you won't want to stop. i need to go to GTR-Drivers-Anonymous; i'm a GTR-holic.

thanks for letting me vent guys!

·
Registered
398 Posts
I can't go a day without driving the GT-R and in a few months I'm driving the beater back up to college. No GT-R for a few months! Not sure how I will live.

3,772 Posts
Thought your trying to sell it ?

I can't go a day without driving the GT-R and in a few months I'm driving the beater back up to college. No GT-R for a few months! Not sure how I will live.

·
Registered
106 Posts
I daily drive mine as well. Now luckily I can park right out my front window at work so I can keep an eye on it... lol

I've got a truck as well, but the GTR is just so much fun to drive why would I take the truck unless I need to haul something?

·
Registered
94 Posts
I'm just waiting for my xpel clear bra and I'll be more comfortable doing all that!
It's worth the wait. I got the entire full new car prep, especially since it is black. Nissan/Infiniti paint is soft and swirls easily. But didn't get the entire car clearbra 'd...

Definitely make sure to get a coating on the entire car. Modesta is pretty solid, and worth the price difference to c-Quartz. Coating will extend the life of the clearbra.

Link: http://instagr.am/p/BHQIR-sjL_X/
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
158 Posts
I daily drive mine as well. Now luckily I can park right out my front window at work so I can keep an eye on it... lol

I've got a truck as well, but the GTR is just so much fun to drive why would I take the truck unless I need to haul something?

Jeeze, You the only one who works there?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,813 Posts
Douchebag parking thread has a winner! LMAO

·
Registered
1,813 Posts
You forgot the following:

1. Learn something new on forum about transmission, launch, tire pressure, etc and need to try it.
2. Install a mod and need to test it.
3. Need to start GTR at 5 am to wake up neighbor who lets their dog shit in your lawn/driveway. Simply to perpetuate the cycle.

·
Registered
362 Posts
You guys are gonna laugh but I drive my Gtr once mabye twice a month

·
Registered
412 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·

·
Registered
969 Posts
I daily mine too and love to take it out just because...

Previous 2 owners almost 3 years of ownership...6800 miles. I'm owner #3 and in a little over 4 months car now has 13,500 so I've driven it 6700 miles and effectively doubled the mileage. Car is going on a nice long road trip soon too so slap another 2,000 miles or so on the car. YOLO enjoy it. I am.

·
Registered
90 Posts
I work from home and have put 2300 miles on mine in two months! Such a great car to drive, loving it and find any excuse to take it for a drive. Looking forward to mounting winter tires.

·
Registered
103 Posts
I love daily'ing it. It's way better than having a fun car but just sits in the garage every day. Only thing I don't like is constantly having to wash it (or it never being fully clean really).

·
Registered
106 Posts
Douchebag parking thread has a winner! LMAO
Lol.. Definitely.

I have 2 employees that work for me, and neither are disabled. No visitors other than my family so I figure those spots are just for me... Benefit of being the boss.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.