Nissan GT-R Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any thoughts on wich addition would give me any noticible power increase and sound?? Have AAM res midpipe now and stock catback...

·
Registered
3,318 Posts
down pipes

cats choke exhausts, not mufflers

·
Premium Member
1,485 Posts
Midpipe back exhaust HP improvement is minimal over stock--if any, in some cases. DPs pick up 20-30+ whp. Sound will also increase, especially @ WOT.

·
Premium Member
982 Posts
If only their was a way to make it sound like the LFA ehe heh

·
Registered
3,318 Posts
Midpipe back exhaust HP improvement is minimal over stock--if any, in some cases.
unless it's a vendor advertising an akrapovic

·
Premium Member
1,485 Posts
unless it's a vendor advertising an akrapovic
I stated a midpipe back exhaust--I don't believe they make a claim for the Slip-on system (no midpipe).

I have a Slip-on Akra system & used the OEM tips. I bought it for the weight savings & quality. The sound tone quality is good too, although many of the muffler-type systems sound pretty similar to me...

·
Registered
15 Posts
Midpipe back exhaust HP improvement is minimal over stock--if any, in some cases. DPs pick up 20-30+ whp. Sound will also increase, especially @ WOT.
This right here!
I noticed a big gain on my mazdaspeed 6 when I swapped the DP. I also have the Cobb AP to go with it. I was spitting flames before the Cobb AP tune was on the car. Running a little to rich ha-ha.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts