Nissan GT-R Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

Was thinking about taking a road trip next week and trying to decide if staying in downtown Columbia S.C for a wedding will the car be alright parking around hotel for three days? Don't want to sound OCD but living in South Florida makes you kind of that way. Just don't want to wake up with my wheels gone or any other safety issues. Any input from local members greatly appreciated. As we all know these cars draw a lot of attention!! Really want to take her for a good highway run......

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Decided to make the trip with the GTR, really glad I decided too! Had a good long first run to Atlanta from SoFlo.... car was recently tuned by Marco @Billet and slapped on a custom midpipe and some blowoff valves to entertain myself on way. Car ran flawless and the wife had no complaints on the ride or sound. Got pretty decent gas mileage in safe mode around 21-24 mpg cruising at 80. He told me i was gonna get better gas mileage from the tune which amazed me coming out of an X5M. Laid the hammer down while relying on the waze app and K40 jammers and radar. Had an open stretch on i20 from Atlanta into Columbia SC and really pushed the needle to where I shouldn't have but couldn't resist the open road and temptation..... played some cat & mouse with a panamera turbo which was great fun and made it across in about three hours. Columbia Hyatt was a great hotel and the manager let me park the beast in the "low emission/ electric car spot in front of the door and didn't even charge me for parking her! Lol... Didn't worry about security as the entire hotel staff was constantly checking her out!! They couldn't believe how much luggage came out of her (the wife's). Car really stood out downtown Columbia and had lots of thumbs up from the truckers which was pretty cool. Came back in torrential downpour and wicked wind and she handled it awesomely. All in all the car was non fatiguing as some of these reporters have stated in videos and magazines. More Mod's will be coming. Best part was respect on the highway by other vehicles---not getting cutoff by any idiotic drivers... So far loving the GTR!!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.