Nissan GT-R Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am planning to put midpipe and downpipe without tune on my stock gtr. I want to know how much power gain just installing dp without tune. I am also wondering if I need to put catted dp because I really don't want to have any problem with Nissan for warranty issue

·
Super Moderator
3,560 Posts
I am planning to put midpipe and downpipe without tune on my stock gtr. I want to know how much power gain just installing dp without tune. I am also wondering if I need to put catted dp because I really don't want to have any problem with Nissan for warranty issue
It may be cheaper, and you might gain as much or more HP buying a Cobb and using the available Maps. And then, if you go ahead with the mods you mentioned, you could re-tune for best advantage.

I believe that you can put a mid-pipe on and not affect any warranty issue. (maybe gain 5-10 HP without a tune; my guess)

Alexd

·
R36 Member
796 Posts
Anytime you mess with the downpipes, you will probably have a warranty issue with Nissan. Also, adding a downpipe without a tune will not give a significant amount of HP that you will notice, I agree with the above post 5-10 HP (not WHP). To maximize your downpipe and midpipe combo, you'll need a tune (Cobb AccessPORT).

Good luck.

·
Super Moderator
3,560 Posts
I would add that DPs without cats may cause fault-errors from the O2 sensors; something that might require re-flashing/re-setting anyway. Not to mention that if you have no cats in the DPs and midpipe, you'll fail exhaust-pipe pollution testing, and you may be unhappy with the additional smell.

A tune alone without any other mod will give you a noticeable power increase; perhaps as much 40 HP or so.

Alexd

·
Registered
7,396 Posts
I would add that DPs without cats may cause fault-errors from the O2 sensors; something that might require re-flashing/re-setting anyway. Not to mention that if you have no cats in the DPs and midpipe, you'll fail exhaust-pipe pollution testing, and you may be unhappy with the additional smell.

A tune alone without any other mod will give you a noticeable power increase; perhaps as much 40 HP or so.

Alexd
This.

As others mentioned - if you want to avoid warranty issues, leave EVERYTHING in front of the sensors alone - this includes DP's (because the last set of sensors is here).

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
This.

As others mentioned - if you want to avoid warranty issues, leave EVERYTHING in front of the sensors alone - this includes DP's (because the last set of sensors is here).
I think I will go with midpipe only for now. I am not ready to give up my warranty yet lol. Maybe next year..

1 - 7 of 7 Posts