Nissan GT-R Forum banner
1 - 20 of 105 Posts

·
Premium Member
11,288 Posts
You guys thought AMS was fast, check out these purpose built drag cars. i guess these were found on Haltechs site. i found this via gtr.co.uk forums
http://www.gtr.co.uk/forum/154026-drag-r35-gtrs-x-3-a.html

I wonder what the engine and trans is? Would be nice if they were VR38's with GR6. i was told they found a fix for the no shift issue a while back.

:cool:

Aaron Gregory is proud to unveil his latest project, a brand new truly intimidating three car R35 GTR Outlaw Racing Team! Perth based ITP Race Cars has secretly been building not one, but three full chassis drag cars simultaneously, all clad in the world's first smoothed and improved carbon fibre R35 GTR body.

With all three cars rolling out of the chassis jigs, the boys at ITP are working madly to get these new
10.5" tired Sports Compact Monsters ready for the teams debut in "Pro Turbo" and "AA/SC" brackets.

All driveline specs for now are still a well kept secret, but we can confirm that the Haltech Platinum Sport 2000 ECUs and a truckload of Racepak gear has already been shipped to WA.

With the first of the three cars already delivered, the final 2 cars are now at the paint shop with Aaron pushing to have them ready for presentation at Jamboree 2011!

·
Premium Member
1,789 Posts
As nick pointed out you can see the inline 6 cylinder engines in the second pic from the bottom

·
Premium Member
389 Posts
Wow, quite the project there... That's insane.

Cheese

·
GTR Nerd
5,335 Posts
More than likely 2Js knowing the current Aussie drag love affair with them.
Easier to put a Nissan badge on a Funny Car me thinks!
Looking what I can see with freeze plugs, deck height, and oil filter location, looks like a RB26/30. Hard to tell exactly with not much detail.

·
Registered
1,334 Posts
They would be better off using a Nissan V6...Nissan VG and VQ engines have been in the 6s for years. I believe the fastest RB powered vehicles are still in the mid/low 7s. I'm sure a fully built VR would do just fine as well....

·
GTR Nerd
5,335 Posts
They would be better off using a Nissan V6...Nissan VG and VQ engines have been in the 6s for years. I believe the fastest RB powered vehicles are still in the mid/low 7s. I'm sure a fully built VR would do just fine as well....
HKS went 7.1 with their drag 180SX years ago at Englishtown, but it never went any quicker and has been long retired. The all wheel drive R32 GT-R from Heat Treatments in NZ has gone 7.4, and they are preparing it, trying to go faster. Rob from RIPS has a RB powered rail. http://www.gtrusablog.com/2010/09/rips-rb3...-ready-for.html that has gone [email protected] mph

Backhalfed 350Z - I think it was RB powered here. 7.3

Switched that car to VQ power and eventually ran 6's. 10.5 tire.

A backhalf car is going to be slower than a tube frame car with the same engine setup.

1 - 20 of 105 Posts