Nissan GT-R Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking for a drag / street setup, I currently have 20" Nismo Wheels and want to switch out the rears for either a 18" or 17" wheel if the 17s will fit over my ZR1 CCB. Appreciate any recommendations. Fronts have MPSS 285/35/20

·
Registered
2020 Bayside Blue
67 Posts
Reach out to Belak Industries for fitment I believe it will fit. The rear caliper bolts are changed out for some ARPs. I have a set sitting in my living room waiting to be put on the car.

·
Super Moderator
3,668 Posts
I'm looking for a drag / street setup, I currently have 20" Nismo Wheels and want to switch out the rears for either a 18" or 17" wheel if the 17s will fit over my ZR1 CCB. Appreciate any recommendations. Fronts have MPSS 285/35/20
You probably know this, but for others let me just make a simple comment. Most of us would like to have the best of both worlds without changing tires/wheels, but If you move toward better drag characteristics with one set-up only, you typically sacrifice routine drive ability. We all make choices...

Alexd

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
You probably know this, but for others let me just make a simple comment. Most of us would like to have the best of both worlds without changing tires/wheels, but If you move toward better drag characteristics with one set-up only, you typically sacrifice routine drive ability. We all make choices...

Alexd
I can use my stock wheels for regular driving, really looking for a street drag wheel/tire.

·
Registered
518 Posts
How much power are you looking to put down? Let's start there...

·
Registered
518 Posts
From a dig, you can get away with a set of 18's and drag radials at all four corners. Mickey Thompson ET Steet S/S with 275/45/18 in front and 345/40/18 rear, presumably with a set of 18x10 and 18x12. That's a tried and true street/strip setup.

M&H also makes an equivalent set of their drag radials in nearly identical sizing.

Or...

You can go with a 17x10 beadlock rear like they offer through Cicio Performance. You'd want to throw a Mickey Thompson ET Street R in 305/45/17 and you can run any 18" wheel/tire up front, so long that it's 28" outer diameter. They make a matching non-beadlock 18" front that clears factory brakes. People have run well into the 7's with that combo on a well prepped surface. As MiamiBert said above, the caliper bolts need to change to accommodate the reduced wheel diameter but beyond that, no other modifications should be required.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
From a dig, you can get away with a set of 18's and drag radials at all four corners. Mickey Thompson ET Steet S/S with 275/45/18 in front and 345/40/18 rear, presumably with a set of 18x10 and 18x12. That's a tried and true street/strip setup.

M&H also makes an equivalent set of their drag radials in nearly identical sizing.

Or...

You can go with a 17x10 beadlock rear like they offer through Cicio Performance. You'd want to throw a Mickey Thompson ET Street R in 305/45/17 and you can run any 18" wheel/tire up front, so long that it's 28" outer diameter. They make a matching non-beadlock 18" front that clears factory brakes. People have run well into the 7's with that combo on a well prepped surface. As MiamiBert said above, the caliper bolts need to change to accommodate the reduced wheel diameter but beyond that, no other modifications should be required.
Looking for something more to run on the street, I know my drag options. This would be for the occasional dig on the street/unprepped road, but mostly 60-130 runs. Primarily looking for WHEELS that will go along with my 20" OEM Nismo Wheels.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Looking for something more to run on the street, I know my drag options. This would be for the occasional dig on the street/unprepped road, but mostly 60-130 runs. Primarily looking for WHEELS that will go along with my 20" OEM Nismo Wheels.
Well might not be getting wheels now I think I need a new headgasket
🤦‍♂️

·
Registered
9,808 Posts
Damn sorry to hear !!! Hopefully nothing major.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Damn sorry to hear !!! Hopefully nothing major.
We will find out for sure when I change the oil when it comes in but I actually think it's fine my tuner said what came out of the catch can is prob just oil and water from condensation / being on ethanol as it produces about 2 gallons of water per gallon of ethanol.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Anyone care to chime in really looking for a street racing tire? I'm between MT Thompson Street SS 305/35/20 / NT555RII 305/35/20 (Rears) and NT555RII 305/35/20 / Toyo R888R 305/35/20 (Fronts)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts