Nissan GT-R Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
818 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I searched many threads about Driven Innovations FMIC, however most of them are dated so here is a quick question:

1. How good are they compared to other options available in the market today?
2. Do they have a website or who is their primary distributor? I searched everywhere and was only able to locate a FaceBook page.

·
Registered
876 Posts
I have it. It's one of the best on the market. I got mine from Doug at Weapons Grade Performance. You could also look at Buschur Racings new FMIC.
Honestly, unless your planning to make big hp any of the race IC will be fine.

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
But cleaning those filters off means removing the bumper.

·
Registered
246 Posts

Attachments

·
Registered
2,978 Posts
That looks great!

Quick question, how much cutting and trimming does it require?

Do I need to remove the bumper everyone I need to clean or change the intake filters?
WGP can provide precut shrouds on core exchange if you're not comfortable.

·
Registered
818 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
OP are you planning on upgrading turbos/engine/trans? This is a massive intercooler for a bolt on build
I will upgrade turbos/engine/transmission next summer. For the time being I'm looking for a mod that has the greatest yield of power beside FBO parts.

·
Registered
2,344 Posts
I will upgrade turbos/engine/transmission next summer. For the time being I'm looking for a mod that has the greatest yield of power beside FBO parts.
Midpipe and tune would likely give best bang for the buck, but you can't go wrong with a nice massive front mount!

·
Registered
818 Posts
Midpipe and tune would likely give best bang for the buck, but you can't go wrong with a nice massive front mount!
I already plan on upgrading

Full Exhaust
Downpipes
E85 Flex fuel kit
Fuel pumps
Injectors
SD kit
EcuTek

I want to do the turbos/transmission once next summer, so my rational was FMIC is best mod next, unless I'm off?

·
Registered
290 Posts
this intercooler will give you decent gains due to it's better pipes routing from the intercooler to the intake manifold and a better location of the intakes .

1 - 20 of 21 Posts