Nissan GT-R Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've worked with a few of you in the past, but I wanted to make it known to the whole GT-R Track Junkie Community that I offer driver coaching/instruction at HPDE, Time Attack, and Race events. I am familiar with most of the common data and video analysis programs, and I have my own systems if you do not have any. I also do in-car instruction, car setup consultation, etc. I frequent most of the southeast tracks, but am happy to travel anywhere, so let me know if I can be of service!

You can find a bit more information on my website: http://www.mikeskeen.com/services/

·
Registered
386 Posts
Hey Mike, I'm a little confused I thought I saw on the World Challenge website where you were running a Corvette this weekend in St Pete. Where is the GT-R?

·
Founder/Admin
26,148 Posts
that car is driven by his team mate Jason Daskalos
the other GTR wasnt quite ready for the event

mike got pole today in the Hawks Z06 he also broke track record

·
Registered
386 Posts
Daskalos was almost 6 seconds slower in qualifying in the GT-R.
Mike has his work cut out for him putting a car like that on pole. Daskalos is no slouch driver in World Challenge but was only a little over a second faster than the lower class GTS cars.

·
Registered
161 Posts
For the record, I have personally used the coaching services of Mike Skeen at Mid Ohio last year and his experience, skills and demeanor are superb. I can highly recommend him.

I also followed him at Carolina Motorsports Park in NASA Time Trials in my GTR when he was running the Cragar Corvette last year and enjoyed the "brief" opportunity to follow his line. And yes, it was brief...

Here's the video of me following Mike Skeen for part of a lap (and his car sounds spectacular):

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yeah, I am driving the Corvette this weekend because there was a delay in getting the Hewland gearbox for my GTR. The GTR has been off the pace, but it is brand new (zero testing before this weekend). It will get there. Looks like the driveshaft broke and took out a fuel line in today's race. The vette lost a diff.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Can you recommend anyone in So. Cal ? I would like to get some pointers before I track my car.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Not off the top of my head, sorry. If you just have questions before you go to the track, send me an email.

·
Premium Member
1,485 Posts
Didn't the hawk GTR catch fire and crash in the 3/23 champion GT event? Hope everyone was okay.
Yeah, Mike--even though that wasn't you--do you have any insight on what happened?

Also, what do you have your car's weight down to? My car is ~3580 on a low fuel load w/ all steel panels still in place. Thx & good luck getting the car going--I know you can drive, dude!

·
Registered
161 Posts
Yeah, Mike--even though that wasn't you--do you have any insight on what happened?

Also, what do you have your car's weight down to? My car is ~3580 on a low fuel load w/ all steel panels still in place. Thx & good luck getting the car going--I know you can drive, dude!
Not replying for Mike on this question but on my race prepped and fully dedicated race GTR, the weight with no fuel is 3545. I have Seibon carbon fiber doors, fenders and hood, full cage and nearly all the interior removed. I'll be racing it this weekend with NASA Southeast at Roebling Road in Savannah, GA.

·
Premium Member
12,530 Posts
Mike is one of those rare gifted drivers that isn't just fast, but also well spoken, articulate and has a true passion for this sport. He wasn't handed anything, but rather, he worked his ass off racing in some of the gritty, entry level race series and made a name for himself. One of the best in the business, and one of the most humble! Everyone at Forged wishes you continued success, buddy.

SA

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Thanks, Sharif! That means a lot.

I can't say what the car weighs, but the series min weight for the car is 3200 with driver and we can make that.

At St. Pete, the team had to fit an aluminum driveshaft at the last minute because the carbon fiber unit was not going to be ready in time. That aluminum piece failed and took out a fuel line, causing the fire. Fortunately, the flames were put out pretty quickly and there was very little damage from the fire.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts