Nissan GT-R Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
15 fbo

So it's super smooth and pretty normal while cruising but once i get on throttle and heavy accelerates, something in drivetrain would vibrates .. kinda feel it in driveshaft as it starts to rotate pretty fast as the rpm goes up from mid to high..

Checked both the bellhousing and awd shafts and there's just little to none play on both

It idles just fine too ..no rattles whatsoever

Only happenes on heavy acceleration.

ETS failure ?!
I don't spin a lot on the kick tho

Thanks million in advance ..

·
Registered
10,118 Posts
When my ETS failed, didn’t cause any vibration at all, just rwd. May depend on how it fails.

Had this happen before when running rear drag radials that were out of balance.

Did you possibly lose some weights?

Reactions: GTRHOLIC

·
Super Moderator
9,137 Posts
You could also disconnect the front drive shaft and carefully do a run to rule out the ets.

Also are you using a KAPS controller?

·
Registered
1,228 Posts
15 fbo

So it's super smooth and pretty normal while cruising but once i get on throttle and heavy accelerates, something in drivetrain would vibrates .. kinda feel it in driveshaft as it starts to rotate pretty fast as the rpm goes up from mid to high..

Checked both the bellhousing and awd shafts and there's just little to none play on both

It idles just fine too ..no rattles whatsoever

Only happenes on heavy acceleration.

ETS failure ?!
I don't spin a lot on the kick tho

Thanks million in advance ..
Measure your front and rear tires. If they are not close to the same roll out size it will cause this problem and also destroy your ETS.

·
Registered
10,118 Posts
Nah not really man..
Thx for your input, wondering what it is then
humm..
For sure, only time ever had this was when a drag radials was out of whack - balanced vs road force balanced. Straight scary vibration at WOT - faster I went the worse it was.

Good luck - as mentioned above pull the drive shaft.

Can also just do it on a dyno too if it’s easier.

·
Premium Member
2,006 Posts
Check your exhaust to make sure the clearances haven't changed. In particular, the hanger and undertray near the middle of the car and the two midpipe connections that go over the crossbrace.

·
Registered
156 Posts
I'm surprised no one has mentioned the stock clutches being FBO and that old, if they are slipping it may cause what you are experiencing. I'd you have a tuner try to increase clutch capacity to see if it goes away, if it gets better that's a sign to start planning an upgrade.

·
Registered
1,153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
Check your exhaust to make sure the clearances haven't changed. In particular, the hanger and undertray near the middle of the car and the two midpipe connections that go over the crossbrace.
Shall i tell u something? This happened right after i put my new exhaust o_O

But again .. it could be there before when i was with boostlogic, making all the noises/vibration that covered the issue..i dunno

I'll check that when i go home..

Thank you guys ..
BSE i shot u a message ..thx

·
Registered
1,153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I'm surprised no one has mentioned the stock clutches being FBO and that old, if they are slipping it may cause what you are experiencing. I'd you have a tuner try to increase clutch capacity to see if it goes away, if it gets better that's a sign to start planning an upgrade.
Really ?! I didn't know that clutches can do this when they slip .. my CCs are at 2,2
I'll increase them to 4 or 5 and see what happens.. thanks man

·
Premium Member
2,006 Posts
Shall i tell u something? This happened right after i put my new exhaust o_O
Check the top of the cross brace underneath the midpipe runner on the driver's side to see if there are any rub marks.

·
Registered
1,153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Problem solved!

bse.. thank you! You're correct!
My tires rolling diameters were off like you said.
I got a new setup 295/255 (that's the only size i had access to).. some cheap tyers just for testing and mild use till i get some decent setup... but they actually work! did some 3rd gear pull and the horrible vibrations just disappeared now! ETS seems to be happy, but hope it's not hurt when it was struggling between the two different speeds lol

Thank you guys.. really appreciate everyone's input.

Have a great day ..

·
Registered
10,118 Posts
Glad you sorted it.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts