Nissan GT-R Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Knowledge is recession proof!
4,212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have never done it. But I do see people doing it. My concerns is not how they drive, but how long they will last. They were SOOOOO sticky, that when I rolled them in from the UPS truck into my garage, gravel, debris, etc stuck to it like fly paper to insects. You can dig your nails into the compound.

Any input from those currently doing it, or have done it would help.

·
Registered
577 Posts
The rear end will lay over and "catch" when you go into a corner as the sidewall flexes. Any hint of water and they get scary. I was lucky to make 1,000 miles with my supra on a set. You don't want to corner fast at all with them, but once you learn the wobble you're fine.

·
Front Mount 2500 HP
3,696 Posts
I been driving on an 18 inch rim with M&H Racemaster radials for the past year and a half with 1300 whp .... Wouldn't have it any other way (and trust me I tried many, many tire set ups till the point I found this and was happy with this one)

·
Knowledge is recession proof!
4,212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I been driving on an 18 inch rim with M&H Racemaster radials for the past year and a half with 1300 whp .... Wouldn't have it any other way (and trust me I tried many, many tire set ups till the point I found this and was happy with this one)
Any pics on 18s? All I see is your banana on BE wheels.

·
<"))))><
3,706 Posts
Dude, on your car I think r888 will would be great.

·
Registered
2,156 Posts
my R888 i got 10k miles out of them daily driving plus beating them at the dragstrip. My NT05R lasted about 4k miles but are a cheaier tire and more sticky then the R888. Rain you will have no issue unless you drive like a idiot, freezing wearther is a different stroy. R compound tires are absolutely no use on frozen ground or ice, don't even try it

·
Front Mount 2500 HP
3,696 Posts
Any pics on 18s? All I see is your banana on BE wheels.
Do you have instagram? If so there are many many pics on there of the car on 18s with DR(as I mentioned before thats the only rim and tire option I run 24/7). The pic in my signature is an old pic, very very old.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts