Nissan GT-R Forum banner
221 - 240 of 270 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
I'm probably down 250+ hp from where I could be maxed out on these things. Clutch is at the limit now - just a one K and I'm only running 6 ID 2000. This is a pretty simple setup. To be honest I don't see much of a difference. To me they spool as fast as the R's on the street on the 4.1. The definitely make more tq but I'm capped anyways due to the trans. Absolutely perfect street car I can tell you that. Don't forget the R35 is more than a highway roller. Should see what happens when you line up at a red light with a UGR since they can't launch. ;)
I'm in the same situation at the moment. Next step is upgrading to a Promax / Shep stage 5 clutch for peace of mind. My ETS is on it's last legs so it's time to upgrade this fall so I can actually make use of the Prime R's full potential.

·
Registered
41 Posts
UGR Stage 3+ street action - these cars are quick on VP 109 / Import
WHOA! Holy CRAP! long live godzilla! Well done sir!!

·
Registered
10,290 Posts
I'm in the same situation at the moment. Next step is upgrading to a Promax / Shep stage 5 clutch for peace of mind. My ETS is on it's last legs so it's time to upgrade this fall so I can actually make use of the Prime R's full potential.
I kind of lucked out with the diff going on the last day of the season last year. Made for an easy load and no stress upgrade lol.

First time I told Jan, keep it until March or April, think he thought I was joking ahahahah.

My ETS fried on my 3582 upgrade with bad drag radials. Shep was extremely kind to turn it around for me in a day when STM pulled the trans a few years back.

·
Registered
10,290 Posts

Got that upgrade !!!

·
Alberta Oil & Gas
6,067 Posts
Nice droptopp!!

·
Registered
2 Posts
@droptopp any chance you can tell me who you use to ship your car around? I just moved from Florida -> Colorado, but I'm terrified to use any auto shippers I've found online.

Also, I've been a long term lurker here since like 2016, was finally able to buy a GTR in 2018 and upgraded it with AMS' Alpha 7 Package. Haven't had too many issues with it other than the occasional slippage from 1st to 2nd and 2nd to 3rd. I've put around 30k miles on the car so far. I've been itching to take the car to 1500+ HP and was planning on calling AMS by the end of the year to do it, but after reading your horror story with them, I'm steering clear lol. Very glad I found your posts recently, I will definitely be calling Cicio in the near future. You have an absolutely badass build.

·
Registered
10,290 Posts

Pesky Subaru driver kept pops and bangin me so I returned the favor - third gear @ 70ish start.

·
Registered
10,290 Posts
@droptopp any chance you can tell me who you use to ship your car around? I just moved from Florida -> Colorado, but I'm terrified to use any auto shippers I've found online.
Welcome !!!

Save yourself a ton of headaches and have Cicio build it.

Sent you a PM - if his schedule doesn't lineup let me know and I have a broker out of Chicago I deal with that has a perfect track record - manages transport for Lambo of Chicago.

Reactions: [email protected]

·
Alberta Oil & Gas
6,067 Posts
Also, I've been a long term lurker here since like 2016, was finally able to buy a GTR in 2018 and upgraded it with AMS' Alpha 7 Package. Haven't had too many issues with it other than the occasional slippage from 1st to 2nd and 2nd to 3rd. I've put around 30k miles on the car so far. I've been itching to take the car to 1500+ HP and was planning on calling AMS by the end of the year to do it, but after reading your horror story with them, I'm steering clear lol. Very glad I found your posts recently, I will definitely be calling Cicio in the near future. You have an absolutely badass build.
Welcome to the forum boards finally… ?
Happy Motoring…

Reactions: [email protected]

·
Registered
2022 Mexico Blue M4 Comp xDrive
340 Posts

Pesky Subaru driver kept pops and bangin me so I returned the favor - third gear @ 70ish start.
Wow! Curious, what's the top speed of this beast in 6th gear?

Also, it would be nice if you start to record these "events" and share them with the rest of us. Although I do think most Subarus know who they are playing with ;) ... They just want to see Godzilla in action.

·
Registered
10,290 Posts
Haha I have no idea. I know 202 is pretty effortless.

I blame GoPro; even on the 9 the battery doesn't last long enough.

I'm looking at 360 cams. Would be cool to do a blast like this. Only problem ya with my luck it flies off like the others haha.

·
R35 Shop
196 Posts

Im ready when you are ;)

·
Alberta Oil & Gas
6,067 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts

Can reach out to a friend who transports cars and stuff all over the area. Owns a pretty badass GTR as well and treats your car like it was his own. Name is Jon Cretella and goes by the name Iceman's Transportation. Enclosed trailer fully insured and licensed I linked his facebook information he takes cars to Cicio all the time (including mine), also a personal friend and overall awesome guy. Sorry to hijack your thread dropp!

221 - 240 of 270 Posts