Nissan GT-R Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
R36 Member
796 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Guys,

Thought I would share the dyno results after spending some time at Cobb SoCal. My time there was beyond awesome! Woot.

·
Registered
1,138 Posts
nice. do you plan to run 100 oct often? seems like it would be cost prohibitive for the slight pump in power. there appears a lot of e85 stations in san francisco. curious why you didn't have it tuned for that instead?

·
R36 Member
796 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
nice. do you plan to run 100 oct often? seems like it would be cost prohibitive for the slight pump in power. there appears a lot of e85 stations in san francisco. curious why you didn't have it tuned for that instead?
You are right, there are a lot of E85 stations -- I have one actually less than 5 miles away! I didn't have it tuned for E85 just yet, but probably will in the short future. I plan to do an Alpha 9 setup with rods/pistons and a Stage II tranny build.

Once everything is set, I'll go E85, but for now -- I'm sticking with our crap gas we have here in CA.

·
GT-R CRAZY
399 Posts
nice numbers. If you dont mind what boost was @ 93 oct and race fuel boost?
Looks good the wrap.

·
R36 Member
796 Posts
This was done on crap 91-octane gas; I can only wish it was 93!

Yeah the tune is OK :p

It was worth it for the video! LOL

·
Premium Member
1,485 Posts

·
R36 Member
796 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Ok, more mods on your car, and 100 octane--but less HP than this car on same dyno:

http://www.nagtroc.o...056#entry799056

What gives?

BTW, nice #s on your car!
My theory is that it's due to me having a ton of miles on my car (24k at the moment). Also, I know that the engines are hand-built and he could have a strong one straight from the factory.

OR

It's because Jon didn't have his coffee that day

·
GTR Tuner
100 Posts
My theory is that it's due to me having a ton of miles on my car (24k at the moment). Also, I know that the engines are hand-built and he could have a strong one straight from the factory.

OR

It's because Jon didn't have his coffee that day
That car is a freak and just made lots of HP!!
its not a typical GT-R

·
R36 Member
796 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
nice numbers. If you dont mind what boost was @ 93 oct and race fuel boost?
Looks good the wrap.
Thanks Johnny! The boost indicated above tapers to 18psi on both 91 and 100 octane.

·
GT-R CRAZY
399 Posts
Thanks Johnny! The boost indicated above tapers to 18psi on both 91 and 100 octane.
awesome, at only 18psi and 91oct! great #s man...
Enjoy...

·
Registered
1,640 Posts
Great numbers but whats up with that awful exhaust note? Bad quality audio probably?

·
R36 Member
796 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Great numbers but whats up with that awful exhaust note? Bad quality audio probably?
Not quite sure, I get a lot of compliments on the Exhaust sound. I think Jon did a great job with the sound work as well, my guess is that the exhaust sound is just subjective. Also, I think SS Exhausts give out the best note, but the Titanium exhaust IMO is worth it. Thanks for your feedback.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.