Nissan GT-R Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Shaolin Shadowboxer
308 Posts
I saw that video yesterday

I’ve been running straight E85 since 2016 which is over 70-80k miles from me. Maybe 10 or so tanks of pump gasoline and outside of gummed up valves I haven’t had issues with my car running. Last time I was in the tank was when I went from AEMs to 525s and didn’t notice anything. Maybe I should check.

·
Registered
213 Posts
Sales video!!

Reactions: gixy2k

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I saw that video yesterday

I’ve been running straight E85 since 2016 which is over 70-80k miles from me. Maybe 10 or so tanks of pump gasoline and outside of gummed up valves I haven’t had issues with my car running. Last time I was in the tank was when I went from AEMs to 525s and didn’t notice anything. Maybe I should check.
Thanks for the info. What was the reason for the gummed up valves? Did you let the car sit for a bit with E85?

If you do check, please let us know what the outcome is.

I’m thinking as mentioned, it looks like a sales video.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,888 Posts
It's old news that E85 "can" be detrimental to the fuel system (sludge, clogged filters, etc) if you do nothing, but most people who run E85 are aware of this hence the reason for running a tank of pump gas every so often to help with these potential issues.

·
Registered
1,732 Posts
Have to wonder if hot fuel could cause this ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
9,141 Posts
I don't know how accurate that video is. I have personally gone into the tank many many times and never has my modified oem pump assembly been sticky. This is with years of e85 use.

Even the other pump set ups use the bottom oem basket (JV and ASNU) with e85 use. And i have yet to hear about anything sticky.

I wonder if this isn't from people using a fuel additive??

·
Super Moderator
9,141 Posts
One proven issue with e85 and the oem set up is for those doing drop in pumps only. The stock post filter is paper. Look up this post to see the issue.

·
Premium Member
2,006 Posts
One proven issue with e85 and the oem set up is for those doing drop in pumps only. The stock post filter is paper. Look up this post to see the issue.
Visconti has a filter service kit available now for the OEM setup in case anyone needs it...

Reactions: hunter

·
Shaolin Shadowboxer
308 Posts
The two pre filters can be had from Amazon for $16 a piece. Just search the term below. As far as the oem post filter… that’s unserviceable so once it’s clogged it’s clogged.

Delphi FS0050 Fuel Pump Strainer

·
Premium Member
2,006 Posts
The two pre filters can be had from Amazon for $16 a piece.
Wish that's all there was to the PITA DIY. I think JV's kit is marketed to those who value their time and don't want to spend time sourcing the other various components and time needed to DIY the other parts with potential for human error.

IIRC, the adapters are what they're banking on as a plug and play solution with that being the bulk of the cost to eliminate "custom fabrication" and potential for error on all subsequent replacements that could result in a disabled car. I see the value in that but others may not so it's a personal decision. Just putting out there in this thread for those who share the same desire to make maintenance easier not more involved.

·
Super Moderator
9,141 Posts
Visconti has a filter service kit available now for the OEM setup in case anyone needs it...

Those are the pre filters. But if you use his JV basket that replaces the stock post filter.

·
Shaolin Shadowboxer
308 Posts
Those are the pre filters. But if you use his JV basket that replaces the stock post filter.
“This service kit is designed for the GTR's OEM Fuel basket with stock or drop-in fuel pumps.”

That’s what the link says. Am I missing something here?

Even if you have his basket The two pre filters and the post filter aren’t $250. I had his DW/AEM basket and now run the 525 basket and service my own shit.
BTW the post filter for JV basket is a Fuelab 71804.

·
Premium Member
2,006 Posts
Even if you have his basket The two pre filters and the post filter aren’t $250.
The part you're missing is the CNC billet adapter for the stock basket as part of that service kit. Those $16 pre-filters don't just attach to the stock basket without some custom work to make it fit. JV doesn't have pictures of the kit but SBD does.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts