Nissan GT-R Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

· MAJJ
ALPHA 9
1,981 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Updated: SEE POST #21 for my clarification

Before you attack lol. I'm not asking for those pops and bangs to rev and let fireworks out while I'm parked. I'm looking for a custom tune, that I can run on occasions while driving/cruising and to have those Crackles/Pops when letting go off the gas...

and occasionally, some little flames after a big pull & letting go... I'm not asking for crazy flames!! and again.. this won't be my daily driving map. It's going to be like once every 2 weeks on a cruise.

Any Etune suggestions (Tuners, you may PM with pricing). Note below:

• I'm on 95 RON gas (anyone familiar with tuning on 95 Ron?)
  • Cobb
  • FBO
  • Injectors: Asnu 1100cc
  • Exhaust setup: Alpha downpipes catless, HKS Resonated midpipe, HKS Legamax
  • Full parts in my signature.

Crackles/Pops like this (See minutes 1:38 - 1:40)

Mini flames like this (See minutes 2:05 - 2:10)

https://youtu.be/vEhUVS2ey_M

· MAJJ
ALPHA 9
1,981 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
From what I hear cob does not support such maps.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yeah, cobb doesn't support those intense pop bangs like ecutek does.. which isn't what I'm looking for. Just normal crackles if that's possible

· Registered
667 Posts
I'm pretty sure the girl laughing in the video is laughing at the absurdity of that car....Pretty laughable

· Registered
10,371 Posts
I had an 850 as a loaner for a couple days from BMW last month and it has it.

In comfort mode nothing, in sport mode just come off the gas and it burbles and pops pretty loud like the hellcat.

Itâs funny how I noticed Iâd exaggerate it when driving around the supermarket parking lot and the cart kids loved it

· Registered
954 Posts
a little pop now and then won't hurt... not asking for the continous popopoppopopopo lol
I've been playing around with a tune on accestuner to see if I could achieve what you are talking about. It is quite possible with just a few changes to the tune. And if you wanted to you could defo make it quite aggressive. I daily my car and my kids think it's great when going to and from school. It does make me giggle. Exactly what drop was referring to with his rental bmw. You can easily turn it off with the cruise control map switching as well and the car returns to normal. Some of the changes ARE in the base map though so all the switchable maps will be effected.

· Registered
10,371 Posts
^^ awesome !!! Remember picking my kids up, enjoy the times it flies by.

· MAJJ
ALPHA 9
1,981 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
yeah i didn't want those non stop popping noise.. just wanted that one mini backfire as i let off. which apparently it already does lol. didnt find out until a friend was driving behind me.. apparently it happens when im driving at around 4k rpms, let off the gas and slowly tap the gas pedal again.. mini pop mini flame activated haha

· Registered
376 Posts
My 21’ Audi RS5 does it stock when in sport mode. It’s admittedly more fun than I thought. Cant see doing it in the GTR, but its your car, you should be able to do whatever you want with it.

· Registered
5 Posts
I've been playing around with a tune on accestuner to see if I could achieve what you are talking about. It is quite possible with just a few changes to the tune. And if you wanted to you could defo make it quite aggressive. I daily my car and my kids think it's great when going to and from school. It does make me giggle. Exactly what drop was referring to with his rental bmw. You can easily turn it off with the cruise control map switching as well and the car returns to normal. Some of the changes ARE in the base map though so all the switchable maps will be effected.
Mind sharing what you did? I tried some negative timing in decel, but it never achieves that in the logs. There must be some sort of timing threshold. It would be a lot easier if I can adjust the minimum timing.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.