Nissan GT-R Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5,710 Posts
If you have E85 nearby, it's a no-brainer.

·
Registered
5,710 Posts
How hard is E85 to use? I hear that you have to drive your car till its completely dry of gas before you can fill up with E85. If i do have 91 remaining in the tank and i add E85 is it going to cause problems? And what about the other way around? If i am about to run out of E85 and there is no station around am i able to use 91?
I've switched back and forth a couple of times. I run it as close to empty as I can and then fill the tank with the other fuel. As a precaution, I don't go WOT until I've cycled through a full tank.

A better approach would be to keep a couple of empty plastic five gallon drums in the trunk and when you get low on gas, fill the drums instead of the tank and then keep driving until you run out or get down to where the range displayed shows as "--" and then fill the tank from the drums.

·
Registered
5,710 Posts
can someone comment on the gas mileage difference with E85? In this topic someone stated that the mileage is less than 91 octane. Yet i heard from someone else that it was slightly better?
Gas mileage is definitely worse. Around here, E85 costs about $3.29 a gallon compared to 93 octane at $4.09 a gallon (or thereabouts). If you were to drive like a grandma, the cost per mile might be similar but the mileage would still be worse.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.