Nissan GT-R Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
MAJJ
ALPHA 9
1,934 Posts
Post up your e85 cold start videos :D

I just went e85 flex fuel and surprised/embarrassed of how long it takes to start.

Here's mine:

1.Car was left outdoors overnight, (-2c) exterior

2.Same cold start above, from inside

3.Parked Indoor lot, cold start

·
Registered
58 Posts
Mine does the same thing......parked in garage and in SoCal....could only imagine how much it would struggle in Boston!! Only does it though first start of the day.....after that, fires right up. Embarrassing to say the least, but the non-E85 person, doesn't get it.

·
Registered
3,750 Posts

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
Mine does the exact thing in my 40 degree garage (Lately) with E85. Ah I will start priming! I'm assuming you just turn the car to the ON position by pressing the start button without the brakes applied? I'll be throwing 91 in there tmrw but still good to know

·
Registered
3,750 Posts
Mine does the exact thing in my 40 degree garage (Lately) with E85. Ah I will start priming! I'm assuming you just turn the car to the ON position by pressing the start button without the brakes applied? I'll be throwing 91 in there tmrw but still good to know
Yep exactly. You only need to do it for like 5 to 10 sec. But it does help. It won't make it perfect. But helps to make sure you have nice and pressurized fuel rails for the startup.

E85 doesn't vaporize as well as gasoline in colder weather. So there really isn't much you can do other than lower your ethanol concentration to below 70 percent and if it's really really cold where you are go below 60 percent

Then you will start up no prob.

I don't mind the extra cranking in the morning when it's freezing out. The benefits of e85 far surpass the negatives.

·
R35 member
3,086 Posts
I dont think thats bad at all. Thats how its going to sound in cold temp with a high E content. Nothing to worry abpout as its the nature of the beast (so to speak)

·
Registered
909 Posts
LOL, I think that start up is pretty cool....

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.