Nissan GT-R Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3,318 Posts
14 posts and no1's deleted this spammer yet.....

·
Registered
2,070 Posts
How do you tune the car to run on e85? Doesn't it void the warranty if you tune? Surely I can't just fill up on e85 and see what happens.... What's the process?
You need injectors, fuel pumps and a tune to calibrate it.

The warranty if up to your dealer and Nissan North America.

DO NOT just fill up with E85.

·
Registered
376 Posts
I think you should fill up and go do some pulls and let us know what happens .. maybe even a before and after dyno sheet would be cool ..

·
Registered
1,830 Posts
I recently converted my Gtr to e85. I needed new fuel pumps, injectors, and a tune. Jack at Horsepower Logic helped me with the setup and tuned my car. I'm sure he can better explain the setup and the work involved

·
Banned
1,351 Posts
as said...injectors/pumps/tune.....really a simple process in the right hands......and we can provide the entire drop in kit with a tune preloaded on the AP ...feel free to call us if you have any questions!

·
LiMiTLeSs
3,220 Posts
I heard that e85 gums up the injectors over time and that in cold weather causes the car to have a hard time starting.......

·
Registered
2,070 Posts
I heard that e85 gums up the injectors over time and that in cold weather causes the car to have a hard time starting.......
E85 does not gum up modern injectors any quicker than gasoline.

In cold weather it can be harder to start. But this is mostly a computer and tuning issue. The car will start, but it might take a few more cranks. If the cobb had a cranking fuel offset for temp, it would start right up.

·
LiMiTLeSs
3,220 Posts
E85 does not gum up modern injectors any quicker than gasoline.

In cold weather it can be harder to start. But this is mostly a computer and tuning issue. The car will start, but it might take a few more cranks. If the cobb had a cranking fuel offset for temp, it would start right up.
Thats good to know, had been on the fence about going the e85 route. Is cobb working on a fuel offset for temp?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts