Nissan GT-R Forum banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Administrator
4,166 Posts
good stuff - love what mitsu has done with the evo

edit - looks like the gtr had bridgestones.. wonder what the difference would have been between those and the dunlops in that test..

·
Who Dat !
7,797 Posts
thats it! Im selling my GTR for an evo...lol.... I would if I couldnt afford the GTR anymore... granted Ive decided to wait a bit before I start modding again.... but I do love those evo's

·
Registered
865 Posts
he he he...yeah its not one of those 'post-test' sales that I would be interested in that for sure. It would perhaps need an engine rebuild after all of those ass-kicking sessions one would think...?

Cool video. They have been beating the snot out of that evo for over a year now. Glad to see she still kicking up some rubber

Eric

·
Who Dat !
7,797 Posts
if it was a TC-SST tranny'd MR then Edmunds would have it in the shop right now lol

·
Registered
1,370 Posts
I think this says it all;

"Then it was the GT-R's turn. Right away, the GT-R put down a 1.25.22. But what's this? Each successive lap was slower and slower. Jacquot finally threw in the towel as the GT-R was now simply punishing its tires, not getting faster. The GT-R's first hot lap was to be its best time."

Apples to Oranges when the rubber doesn't match.

I am now running RE-11's on 19 inch Volk RE30's and it is night and day over stock tires. The RE-11's are good for many more quality laps than the stock tires. They do get greasy towards the end of the day but over all a much superior tire than the stock rubber.

With that being said, I have much respect for the Evo
Great track car for the $$.

·
Registered
386 Posts
When it comes to buying cheap and modding to go fast, the Evo's are still one of the greatest all around performers. And the Evo X is just flat out gorgeous, except to most of the previous generation evo owners who like to hate on it.

·
Mod
229 Posts
good thing I have both cars.

the evo x is definately a great bang for the buck car where you can mod the car very cheaply to get big gains in performance. sometimes I feel my evo x can outrun on some parts of the track then the gtr. my evo x feels much better in steering response and suspension balance than the gtr. I can easily drift 4 wheels with the evo x with throttle and flicking the steering. can not do with the gtr.

but on a big straight track, I don't think the evo x can keep up with the pure hp/tq of the gtr especially tuned with dp / y pipe.

·
Registered
3,626 Posts
The only problem with the Evo is that it looks like a "boy racer." This is the same as the first gen Subaru STi. The GT-R looks so much better. The new STi wagon...ugh.

I like my GT-R.

·
Registered
734 Posts
My wife likes her X and you know the EVO seats are worlds better than the GTR seats hands down. Steering is much lighter and it has NO understeer with the Agency Power rear sway bar upgrade. Definitely feels much lighter and more nimble but even with the FP Red, it is no comparison in terms of power.

·
Registered
1,818 Posts
And all you have to do is put 18" wheels/tires on the GTR and it'll eat that Evo alive and then some.

I have both cars as well, R35 and X MR. Evo fanboys need to give it up with this "oh it just as good as the GTR"
Performance wise, X is a fine car, but its not a GTR.
Plus is has a very sh!tty interior.

·
Premium Member
6,565 Posts
And all you have to do is put 18" wheels/tires on the GTR and it'll eat that Evo alive and then some.

I have both cars as well, R35 and X MR. Evo fanboys need to give it up with this "oh it just as good as the GTR"
Performance wise, X is a fine car, but its not a GTR.
Plus is has a very sh!tty interior.
It all boils down to the age old debate of how much money you put into the car. Look at our unlimited time Attack EVO X... not a single GT-R touched it all year. Look at the modified time attack class, Ryan Gates AMS EVO X went untouched as well.

You know the EVO guys will argue that if you put the money into the EVO X to make up the difference in the retail price of the two cars the EVO X would win...and they are right. But there are always other things to consider. Like you said, the interior, drive-ability, comfort etc etc. Stock for stock its no contest and the retail price reflects that.

Semantics can make an argument for both platforms....just drive what you like.

Eric

·
Administrator
4,166 Posts
It all boils down to the age old debate of how much money you put into the car. Look at our unlimited time Attack EVO X... not a single GT-R touched it all year. Look at the modified time attack class, Ryan Gates AMS EVO X went untouched as well...

Semantics can make an argument for both platforms....just drive what you like...
when do we get to see ams built gt-rs in t/a?
or am i asking the wrong person? lol...

·
Registered
1,818 Posts
It all boils down to the age old debate of how much money you put into the car. Look at our unlimited time Attack EVO X... not a single GT-R touched it all year. Look at the modified time attack class, Ryan Gates AMS EVO X went untouched as well.

You know the EVO guys will argue that if you put the money into the EVO X to make up the difference in the retail price of the two cars the EVO X would win...and they are right. But there are always other things to consider. Like you said, the interior, drive-ability, comfort etc etc. Stock for stock its no contest and the retail price reflects that.

Semantics can make an argument for both platforms....just drive what you like.

Eric
There are Econo-boxes like, Mini's and Miata's, that'll out perform a stock GTR. You can modify anything to make it compete with something else, but the key question is How much modification has been done.
Your Evo has produced good results, and I congratulate you, but that still doesn't mean Evo platform is better then GTR. It is probably because your car may have been far more modified then the competetion.

Evo guys can argue all they want, but GTR chassis, powerplant, drivetrain is simply superior.

·
Premium Member
6,565 Posts
lol, TA cars are a pretty penny to build. I could buy almost three GTR's for the cost we have into our Unlimited car.

If we were sponsored or commissioned to build one then we would be all over it! I personally would love to see us build a GT-R race car.

Eric

1 - 20 of 34 Posts