Nissan GT-R Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

We would like to remove the EGR/FAI on a GTR, we have the block off plates, but we are a little confused on what we should do with the coolant lines.

Does anyone have any instructions or pictures or anything that could guide us in the right direction?

Thank you.

·
Registered
3,316 Posts
there is barb on the rear coolant hard line and one in the Ram ("Y") coolant manifold, you just need to run a line between the 2 and clamp it. Or if you are looking for a more perm. solution crimp and weld the barbs shut on both but that is a lot more difficult unless you have the motor out of the car and are disassembling it.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
We have the engine down.

We thought of plugging the upper barb shut and the lower one that has a line that goes to the Turbo and one to the transmission we just removed the one that goes to the transmission and ran a hose between the other two.

Or do I need to run a hose from the upper barb to the Y one?

·
Registered
3,316 Posts
We have the engine down.

We thought of plugging the upper barb shut and the lower one that has a line that goes to the Turbo and one to the transmission we just removed the one that goes to the transmission and ran a hose between the other two.

Or do I need to run a hose from the upper barb to the Y one?
If you can remove the metal hardline and replace it with a single line thst may be the best way to go. I don't have my car in front of me to see where those coolant lines run.

Monster you have to use the block offs but there are also coolant lines running to the solenoids that needs to be addressed.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Yes I think that's what we did;

So once we remove the whole system, we have one single Barb coming out on the right (Looking from the rear of the engine towards the front), that used to go to one of the parts removed. So this one we completely block off.

Below that we have some sort of a T hardline, I don't remember where the lines go to, but we removed that T and we just sent the line straight. So now it's not a T but just a line going straight from one side to the other.

·
Knowledge is recession proof!
4,212 Posts
Pictures would go a long way. I hear you guys about fabbing a line to connect left to right, now that the EGR crap no longer exists. But I'd love to see illustrations.
Revolver Trigger Gun accessory Gas Metal
That is a lot of crap sitting back there. As soon as my motor is pulled for my new turbo kit, that EGR crap is gone.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,316 Posts
Yea the line coming off the left side there goes to a metal coolant split that needs to be capped OR it needs to be routed to the nipple on the ram horn coolant tube it's in the center on the right side behind that larger 1" diameter tube. I tapped that one and put a threaded plug in it and the coolant split on the back in going to do what msgtr said and remove that split completely and put a new line

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Ok I took some pictures and made some edits on my phone;

View attachment 153713

That's pretty much the T I'm talking about.

Automotive fuel system Motor vehicle Automotive tire Automotive design Automotive exterior

Ok, so pretty much, the Green line goes to the turbo, and the red one goes up to the stuff you remove.

So what I understand is, we remove that T, and remove the red line completely. But the Green line that goes to the turbo, do I re route it with a single hose and remove the T? And let it still go to the turbo? Or is that the one you say has to go up to the Blue circle which is the single barb on the upper part Ram Horn thing?

I thought it was;

Remove Red, make Green line to turbo a single line, and also weld blue shut.

Or am I getting it wrong?

Thanks.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,316 Posts
Msgtr you need to weld or cap the blue circle barb and if you remove the splitter with the red and green you can run a single line between the turbos (the coolant runs in series between them). You're going to have a hard doing that though since the hardlines run all the way to the turbo itself.

I dont suggest capping anything on the coolant system as it will eventually fail.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Ok,

What if I do this?

Cap the blue circled one, shut it completely, and run the lower ones like this;

Light Automotive fuel system Motor vehicle Electrical wiring Auto part

I removed the T of the Red hose of previews picture and ran the Hard line to the Turbo line straight.

Would that work?

Or should I re route the upper one (blue) as well?

Attachments

·
Registered
3,316 Posts
That's fine remove he blue completely weld it shut or drill and tap the hole and put a plug. It's just a paint to remove that hardline and replace it because it runs all the way to the turbo directly, so you'll have to make a custom line between them with banjo bolts

·
Registered
3,316 Posts
I still suggest you cut the split off the oem hardline, crimp it and run a bead of weld over it to seal it and not replace the line completely

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Ok got it, so bottom line;

Seal top barb on the Ram horn Y part.

And run a straight line from one side to the other, removing the split.

So at the end the turbos are still flowing from one to another, but nothing goes to the EGR's.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts