Nissan GT-R Forum banner
1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
335 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wanted to pick up a 12 GTR Blue Premium for my new daily driver. Was ready to buy today, and these guys would not even come down 1000 off MSRP. Told them to take a hike.

This one for you Ehrlich Nissan

·
Registered
145 Posts
Ouch, another one I was looking at near my house in CO; if it was a BE I would be more interested. Guess there is no need to call them; be curious if they call you back.

·
Your ad here! ;-)
627 Posts
must be nice...

·
Registered
242 Posts
I was talking to them on saturday about buying that GTR. Not only would they not take a penny off of msrp, they wanted 2k to transport it to me in northern virgina. Also, had to call the guy 3 times after he told me he would call me back 2 days earlier....Another great experience.

·
Registered
335 Posts
I was talking to them on saturday about buying that GTR. Not only would they not take a penny off of msrp, they wanted 2k to transport it to me in northern virgina. Also, had to call the guy 3 times after he told me he would call me back 2 days earlier....Another great experience.
Yea Im in Nova as well, was going to fly out and drive it back.

As stated before, this is the problem when you give little POS dealerships 100k cars, they have no idea how to deal with this level of clientele. Oh well just wait for a 13 i guess.

·
Registered
61 Posts
sad part is none of the money goes to nissan or the salesman... It goes to the thick lined pockets of the owner of the dealership. Market Adjustments are stupid.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Ehrlich Nissan is one of the top Nissan Dealers in the country, they are a 4 time Award of Excellence Nissan Dealer which is extremely rare, probably only 3% of Nissan dealers in the country can say that. I am not surprised they were not willing to discount their GT-R $1000. I bet if you called them back or e-mailed them and let them know how serious you are about purchasing they will deal with you. Worth a shot. Bought a lot of cars from them and they are the best. I love Ehrlich Nissan and so do many of my friends and associates.

·
Registered
271 Posts
Ehrlich Nissan is one of the top Nissan Dealers in the country, they are a 4 time Award of Excellence Nissan Dealer which is extremely rare, probably only 3% of Nissan dealers in the country can say that. I am not surprised they were not willing to discount their GT-R $1000. I bet if you called them back or e-mailed them and let them know how serious you are about purchasing they will deal with you. Worth a shot. Bought a lot of cars from them and they are the best. I love Ehrlich Nissan and so do many of my friends and associates.
You must be the salesman? Nice to meet you... Give the guy $1000 off for having to fly down there and drive it back. You'll get lots of love from potential buyers in the futures.

·
Registered
242 Posts
I called and talked to the manager today and told him I would buy it today if he split shipping with me or would help me out at all. He said I would, but I can't. Will not give any sort of discount or incentive. If I felt like I was getting something, even a little off of msrp or shipping, I would buy it right now. I just can't buy anything without getting some sort of discount, that's my nature. Might just have to wait for a 2013. Have a local dealer that will give me a 2013 for 3k over invoice.

·
Registered
335 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Big difference between selling 35-40k Maximas and selling 100k cars, shows in how they deal. If they were trying to work with either me or carz80am car would have been sold already instead its still siting on the lot, hoping to get that last thousand dollars. To me thats bad buisness, but hey what do I know about buisness.

Now on the other hand Jason from Boulder Nissan is trying to work a deal for me, contacting reps and all of his contacts. Thats a man that understands high end cars. Ehrlich Nissan not so much.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Big difference between selling 35-40k Maximas and selling 100k cars, shows in how they deal. If they were trying to work with either me or carz80am car would have been sold already instead its still siting on the lot, hoping to get that last thousand dollars. To me thats bad buisness, but hey what do I know about buisness.

Now on the other hand Jason from Boulder Nissan is trying to work a deal for me, contacting reps and all of his contacts. Thats a man that understands high end cars. Ehrlich Nissan not so much.
so true..
I can't stress enough that Jason at Boulder Nissan is serious about selling GT-Rs.
I would recommend them to anyone who is interested in buying GT-Rs. (Now I almost feel like I am a salesman at Boulder Nissan hahaha)

·
Premium Member
1,485 Posts
How convenient that this propaganda shows up on this thread... Call me cynical... lol

Good luck in your search cashman--you'll find a deal out there.

·
Registered
335 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
How convenient that this propaganda shows up on this thread... Call me cynical... lol

Good luck in your search cashman--you'll find a deal out there.
User registered yesterday, and only has this post,

So now Ehrlich Nissan cant sell GTRs but they can jump on the Board and tell everybody how great there are. Hey Ive got a clue, why don't you show us how great you are by selling that GTR.

Thanks for the luck.

·
Registered
24 Posts

the price of the car has nothing to do with what kind of discount you get. I have worked for Jaguar and Land Rover for 10 years and it's not to difficult to get a supercharged vehicle (near or over $100k) under MSRP. It's all about availability. For example, if this dealer only gets 1 GTR per month, he is going to wait for the right buyer willing to pay MSRP or over MSRP. My buddy was a GSM for Saturn and when the Sky Redline first came out (30k+) the sales strategy was to tell customers that these cars are selling for $5-$8k over MSRP and you shouldn't spend that kind of money on the car. If the customer agrees you move on to another car but if you can tell the customer really wants the Sky Redline, he is willing to pay more for it and that worked for a long time, when the Sky was popular. Anyone remember when a used Toyota Prius cost more then a new one? That's cause they sold like hotcakes and they couldn't keep any in inventory, yet Toyota made the mistake in not selling over MSRP.

·
Registered
335 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
the price of the car has nothing to do with what kind of discount you get. I have worked for Jaguar and Land Rover for 10 years and it's not to difficult to get a supercharged vehicle (near or over $100k) under MSRP. It's all about availability. For example, if this dealer only gets 1 GTR per month, he is going to wait for the right buyer willing to pay MSRP or over MSRP. My buddy was a GSM for Saturn and when the Sky Redline first came out (30k+) the sales strategy was to tell customers that these cars are selling for $5-$8k over MSRP and you shouldn't spend that kind of money on the car. If the customer agrees you move on to another car but if you can tell the customer really wants the Sky Redline, he is willing to pay more for it and that worked for a long time, when the Sky was popular. Anyone remember when a used Toyota Prius cost more then a new one? That's cause they sold like hotcakes and they couldn't keep any in inventory, yet Toyota made the mistake in not selling over MSRP.
How did that work out for Saturn in the long run? Oh yea Out of business

Same thing for Toyota how did that work out? Oh yea they sell more hybrids than all the other manufactures combined.

Start to see the point here.

In your example of a dealer getting only one a month and sitting on it till the right customer comes along; Did you ever think if said dealer sells that car as soon as he gets it for a good price.. That Nissan may start to give him two cars per month because of how quickly he sells the cars. But since dealer is greedy he only gets one car per month. Its not really rocket science.

Ive bought quite a few cars in my time, Im well aware of how things work at a dealership.

·
Registered
24 Posts

How did that work out for Saturn in the long run? Oh yea Out of business

Same thing for Toyota how did that work out? Oh yea they sell more hybrids than all the other manufactures combined.

Start to see the point here.

In your example of a dealer getting only one a month and sitting on it till the right customer comes along; Did you ever think if said dealer sells that car as soon as he gets it for a good price.. That Nissan may start to give him two cars per month because of how quickly he sells the cars. But since dealer is greedy he only gets one car per month. Its not really rocket science.

Ive bought quite a few cars in my time, Im well aware of how things work at a dealership.
relax, this wasn't an attack on anyone and I'm not taking sides cause I'm in the business. I'm in service and hate sales.. When we sold XKR Portfolio's very quickly we weren't aloud to get more for awhile because only a certain amount of them were made. Same for the Westminster Range Rover supercharged.

·
Registered
335 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
relax, this wasn't an attack on anyone and I'm not taking sides cause I'm in the business. I'm in service and hate sales.. When we sold XKR Portfolio's very quickly we weren't aloud to get more for awhile because only a certain amount of them were made. Same for the Westminster Range Rover supercharged.
Didn't take it as one, and yes special models will always be hard to come by due to them being special.

·
R35
1,312 Posts
Take your business elsewhere and quit complaining. In my dealings with Nissan dealerships prior to my purchase, some wanted markup, some MSRP, a lot would not even return calls, LOL, and I was ready to buy! Finally one was motivated (for whatever reason, I'll never know) and sold me a 2011 under invoice!
Keep looking.

·
Registered
335 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Take your business elsewhere and quit complaining. In my dealings with Nissan dealerships prior to my purchase, some wanted markup, some MSRP, a lot would not even return calls, LOL, and I was ready to buy! Finally one was motivated (for whatever reason, I'll never know) and sold me a 2011 under invoice!
Keep looking.
No I'm going to complain damn it because I'm mad as hell and I'm not going to take it anymore.

1 - 20 of 51 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.