Nissan GT-R Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts
18,290 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We have placed our new stock order for Eibach lowering springs and expect them any day now. We have picked up every set we could find to pass on the savings to Nagtroc members at a special low price! $275 shipped in the lower 48 states PM me or give me a call and I'll be sure to get these right out to you.

18,290 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Just in case anyone isn't familiar...Mines uses Eibach springs too.

Looks like this is the first item that doesn't have the "GT-R tax." Nice job Sean!
I'm hoping the "GT-R" tax will fade away after SEMA with any luck the market can get flooded with available parts and you guys can build your cars and I can get the parts end taken care of. Also a more lenient warranty wouldn't hurt business for me. Hahahah.

18,290 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Just received my pallet of springs today from Eibach, so anyone who's interested and hasn't already pre-ordered feel free to give me a call or PM me and I'll be sure to get you taken care of.

·
Registered
7,514 Posts
what are the spring rates F&R compared to OEM? Also, what is the drop?

·
Registered
1,550 Posts
what are the spring rates F&R compared to OEM? Also, what is the drop?
The spring rates feel very similar to oem specs as far as I can tell from street driving...I can't really tell a difference. Drop is about 1 inch front and 3/4 of an inch in the rear.

·
Who Dat !
7,797 Posts
15-20% increase from what i read

·
Registered
2,595 Posts
Actually the progressive wind type is different on the OEM and Eibach springs. At static ride height, the Eibach springs are in the 15% stiffer range than OEM, but as the OEM spring compresses, it gets stiffer while the Eibach is already at maximum stiffness (starting before static ride height compression), and at that point the Eibach springs are only 10-11% stiffer than OEM. Most people would not feel much difference. Eibach springs mostly lower the car slightly, not requiring new damper settings. Amuse springs are around 20-23% stiffer than OEM, so you would be feeling that change a little more. Track oriented cars could easily run double the OEM spring rates, but then you need to change the dampers to match, and it would not be comfortable on the street. Using the OEM dampers, you are pretty limited to small % increases in spring stiffness.

·
Who Dat !
7,797 Posts
I'll be okay then with the eibachs for some time

18,290 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I'll be okay then with the eibachs for some time
Speaking of which! I still have quite a few sets here for some lucky NAGTROC members at that same special price. Let me know if I can get one of these sets shipped out for you today!

·
Who Dat !
7,797 Posts
I'm so sorry , I ordered mine from tirerack... I'll see if they shipped it or not and I'll cancel and switch to you all... Have a hks suction filter for a 97 turbo miata ? Was a jdm turbo kit gt25 ?

·
Premium Member
1,270 Posts
does anyone have pix of their GTR with the eibach springs on it? very great prices Sean.

·
Registered
7,396 Posts
check out sharif's. he took me for a ride in his (the shop's) eibach lowered gt-r. phenominal ride quality. i didn't notice the increased stiffness. on the occasional turn it felt more 'stable', it seemed to roll a little less, but not harsh at all.

·
Who Dat !
7,797 Posts
http://www.nagtroc.org/forums/index.php?sh...mp;#entry382054

From memeber "decartesfool"

I spoke to David Cortez at Eibach today about their spring kit and about the stock GT-R spring rates. He was very helpful and here is what he told me.

Stock spring rates (Eibach's own measurements on a GT-R in Germany):

Front : 119 N/mm average rate (0, +- 20 mm deflection, +- 40 mm deflection). Max rate is 151 N/mm or 862 lbs/in. At static ride height, rate is 140 N/mm or 799 lb/in

Rear: 67 N/mm average rate (0, +- 20 mm deflection, +- 40 mm deflection). Max rate is 78 N/mm or 438 lbs/in. At static ride height, rate is about 68 N/mm or 382 lb/in.

Eibach spring set rates (product # 6389.140):
http://eibach.com/cgi-bin/htmlos.exe/08142...421399500022212

Front : average rate not given. Min rate is 399 lb/in. Max rate is 948 lbs/in. At static ride height, rate is 948 lb/in as soft coils are touching.
Drop is 0.8"

Rear: average rate not given. Min rate is 188 lb/in. Max rate is 485 lbs/in. At static ride height, rate is 485 lb/in as soft coils are touching.
Drop is 0.5"

They use progressive rate springs to essentially control the static ride height (saves using a second tender spring and spacer), and with their design, the static spring rate is the same as at full compression. Their goal was to increase front and rear spring rates by a modest 15-20% and to slightly drop the ride height. That way dampers can handle the new springs without requiring a change in valving.

I asked about sway bars and he said he did not see any notice of current plans to build some, but he did not rule it out. Their director of R&D is away and I will try to get some info from him in January.

They have a very good price for that kit of 4 springs.

·
Who Dat !
7,797 Posts
got mine installed yesterday, drove like 10 miles on them... Seems to drive like stock (wasn't pushing it hard) but the drop looks good, not too low and "boy racer like" but just right... I'll try and get pics up tomorrow

1 - 20 of 26 Posts