Nissan GT-R Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
697 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have any experience with Eibach lowering springs? I've heard positive things about the swift springs but no feedback thus far on the Eibachs. Any feedback?

·
Registered
838 Posts

·
Registered
697 Posts
Thanks for the feedback
Swift claims 1" all around. Eibach claims .8" in the front and .5" in the rear. Less drop would work for me.

·
Registered
415 Posts
It seems like these create quite a bit of rake compared to other options. If that's not the look you want but don't want to be as low as the swifts, the tanabes could be a good option. Fwiw, I have swifts and love them.

·
Registered
413 Posts
What about the H&R springs? A local tuner with quite a bit of track experience recommended these to me. I have to research these some more.

·
White A9+
164 Posts
I love them on mine, perfect feel. Lower would be too much pain for my personal taste on a street car. On stock size wheels you will see no problems with scraping on this car with the Eibachs. It runs perfect, smoother and handles great.

·
Registered
133 Posts
I'm contemplating on these springs as well - but does it go well with the stock dampers? I Want to retain the performance of the stock car but with a lowered look. I know that if springs aren't matched well with the dampers that it might compromise the performance. Any ideas?

·
GT1R Flame Thrower Edition
2,177 Posts
The GTR I'm in the process of buying has them, but he's also including the stock springs. Has anyone gone from stock to Eibach then back to stock or are the Eibachs a good improvement

·
Registered
2,829 Posts
I'm contemplating on these springs as well - but does it go well with the stock dampers? I Want to retain the performance of the stock car but with a lowered look. I know that if springs aren't matched well with the dampers that it might compromise the performance. Any ideas?
I'm considering lowering mine also but my worries are reduced life on the stock shocks. I know that when you lower a car shock life tends to be reduced. The question is by how much?

·
Registered
681 Posts
Has anyone used the Cobb springs? I'm kinda favoring Eibachs to keep good clearance and keep the shocks/struts in better shape.

I also think dropping front more than rear will be more conducive to reducing understeer which is a big benefit on the track.
I have the Cobb springs and are happy with them.
They gave a nice amount of lowering, no rubbing, no crashing and they actually feel better than OEM to me.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using GT-R Life mobile app

·
Registered
237 Posts
Is it true you need to get camber arms when buying springs, or else you're going to get tyre rubbing inside the guards? Also, is it true they take 8 hours to install? that sounds ludicrous, but I came across a FAQ somewhere where it says that's how long it takes... :/

·
Registered
182 Posts
I have the eibcah pro kit on my car only gripe is the front I cant get perfect spec for alignment so Im ordering the SPL PRO Front Upper Camber Caster Arms

1 - 16 of 16 Posts