Nissan GT-R Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Administrator
4,166 Posts
There's been a bit of talk on non-oem brake options... Today I saw this on one of Endless's pads, so I followed up and thought I'd pass this along...

Dom said:
For the small number of you that actually have R35 GTR's, you may wonder why our pads for the R35 are more expensive than the same compound for other cars.

It's cuz they're f'in monstrous!

The CC-Rg pads in the middle are for EVO/STi, which are already big by normal car standards. The HUGE pads on the left are for the GTR.

The lowest compound available for the GTR is the MX72. None of those pussy "street only" compounds for a car this quick. Oh and, in case you're wondering, GTR MX-72's are $350 for the fronts and $240 for the rear.
From http://domstat.wordpress.com/2008/07/31/mo...-r35-gtr-parts/

The compound used is MX-72. Dom @ Endless said it's a street/light track compound, and not full track. So depending on the track layout, it may be good for most of a 20 min session. But anything more than that, or any track thats more demanding on brakes would require a different compound. Full race compounds are also available for a little more in terms of cost.

From the Endless Site:

Edit- Also for those that like to do research, here's an an interesting side note from Dom about Endless pads.

·
Premium Member
11,288 Posts
here are some project mu pads
http://cba-r35.blogspot.com/2008/05/racing...-have-been.html

the gt-r brakes are great for the street. no need to swap them out for anything else.

track tho, your looking at needing an upgrade. major. you can settle with the stock ones if you keep changing them and the rotors soon after.

the r35 needs better rotors and pads for the track for sure. rdd rotors seem to be very popular with the aftermarket R35 tuners in japan, mines, autoselect, garage saurus and a few others have swapped to them with aftermarket pads when tracking the car.

the endless pads are very popular on alot of the tuner cars, especially for the ones that are not only track only cause as you described above are really great for better track abuse and street.

·
Who Dat !
7,797 Posts
not track oriented....?

·
Registered
7 Posts
not track oriented....?
MX72 is light track. It's definitely not a street only pad, as it'll stand up to some abuse on the track, but if the track is especially demanding on brakes or the sessions are on the lengthy side then a compound like CC-R or CC-Rg would be better. CC-R and CC-Rg aren't track only compounds, but they're more track savvy than MX72. I expect compounds like CC-R and CC-Rg to be the same price as MX72, but don't quote me on that just yet. I should know for sure very soon.

Race compounds, which are a little bit more, like N35S, N30C and PC138 will be available soon too.

And last, but not least, sintered (endurance) compounds like MA45B or YZ080 (the compound with which Risi Competizione won the 24 Hours of Le Mans), will also be available very soon.

·
Registered
1,550 Posts
What does the rating "8" on the chart mean in the "dust" category? As in a lot of dust or very rare dust?

I'm looking for some similar pads to the oem (don't plan on tracking a lot...maybe 3-5 events a season max), and want something that sheds less brake dust. Noise is not a concern for me.

right now after I wash my car, all I need to do is drive it in the city for 30 minutes, and my shiny gunmetal wheels turn into flat gunmetal wheels...

If any vendor or anyone can chime in, it'd be appreciated.

Thanks.

Alex

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.