Nissan GT-R Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Been daily driving on Endless N05U pads and Alcon C-Hook rotors for the past 10k miles now. While I have to say I've been extremely happy with the performance of this combination, the one thing that i'm questioning is how quickly the rotors are getting eaten up. All of the forum posts I read before deciding on this combo said that the wear was even and not crazy in street driving scenarios, but I've already lost ~1-2mm of rotor in 10k miles of street driving. I'm wondering one of 2 things:

1) Did I not properly bed the brakes in? (I didn't get them dyno bedded or anything previous to mounting them)
2) Is the Alcon rotor actually the weak point and I need a stronger rotor to pair with the pad?

Any help is appreciated - I definitely don't want to be spending 2k every 15k miles on rotors if I can help it.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Been daily driving on Endless N05U pads and Alcon C-Hook rotors for the past 10k miles now. While I have to say I've been extremely happy with the performance of this combination, the one thing that i'm questioning is how quickly the rotors are getting eaten up. All of the forum posts I read before deciding on this combo said that the wear was even and not crazy in street driving scenarios, but I've already lost ~1-2mm of rotor in 10k miles of street driving. I'm wondering one of 2 things:

1) Did I not properly bed the brakes in? (I didn't get them dyno bedded or anything previous to mounting them)
2) Is the Alcon rotor actually the weak point and I need a stronger rotor to pair with the pad?

Any help is appreciated - I definitely don't want to be spending 2k every 15k miles on rotors if I can help it.

The NO5U will eatup about any brake disc out there! That is a pure racing brake pad. Try using the MX-2, that should help with brake disc wear and is still an excellent pad for thr street or occasional track.

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the advice! I'll definitely try switching to that - I think when I saw the price differential from the mx-72 vs the performance difference I thought I'd be better off going with those.

Slowly learning my mistake

·
Registered
40 Posts
N05U are fairly harsh on my rotors. Note they don't have very good cold bite either. Could consider ME-20 as they are a little harsh on rotors or MX-72 for street.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts