Nissan GT-R Forum banner

Engine builds - who did you use

12K views 39 replies 17 participants last post by  TheAlpha 
As a Moderator, I don't think I should be involved with opinions...just personal situation facts:

2012 GT-R pushed to about Alpha 6 (604 WHP) on 100 octane. Upgraded further to Alpha 9 at 891 WHP, still with 100 octane. 3.8L, Shep 2.5, stock cams

20,000 miles on it as an Alpha 9, including 3 round trips to middle Florida from about the Wisconsin border. Only problem that has ever come up was recently (a few months ago); a starting problem that I posted about. AMS fixed that with an ECU Map adjustment (free).

I've worked with Eric and Ty...and Chris and Jacob with programming respectively.

Alexd

*+1 I didn’t want to mention specific shops I have not dealt with directly, but think for your goals you should have no issues with those mentioned.

I’m a big fan to try to remain local if possible. Everything from track support to random gremlins.

I agree, and there are other shops in the Midwest besides AMS. (in a PM only, I'll speak to that)

Alexd

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.