Nissan GT-R Forum banner
1 - 7 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
10,197 Posts
I am interested to see which engine builders you have used recently and your perspectives.

If you could post how many seasons, application, hp and mileage.

My AMS experience has been horrendous and absolutely miserable way to spend $65,000+ with them.

AMS 3.8 long block - Alpha 9 Turbos - 3,500 miles bearing failure - AMS actually says with 820hp I flexed the block !!!!

AMS 4.1 stroker with billet crank - oil consumption issue - 500 miles or less - AMS emails me after tear down one pull away from fried bearings and everything was within tolerance.

On phone call on 04/19/19 Martin lets it slip bearings were fried.

AMS 4.0 big bore, new sleeved block, billet crank - oil consumption issue - 200 miles went through 2 quarts. On break in, no boost and not even WOT.

4.0 and 4.1 did not have a single 1/4 mile run

Three seasons missed.

·
Registered
10,197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
@Tekizero blame game and now they won't stand behind anything unless I ship them the entire car as opposed to pulling motor and sending it back and just giving me a core back and the billet crank I have paid for more than one from them.

·
Registered
10,197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Eric’s been gone for years brotha ;(. Sorely missed.

·
Registered
10,197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks man, yeah it sucks, but I’ve moved on and hopefully so have the issues.

·
Registered
10,197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
You getting the engine done there ? Or just buying the parts ?

It’s Tony or Cicio these days if you are going big.

IIRC - you are in Cali right ? At l your power level there are a handful of guys in your area that have good reviews from guys on here running more power.

Post your location and others can chime in.

·
Registered
10,197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
*+1 I didn’t want to mention specific shops I have not dealt with directly, but think for your goals you should have no issues with those mentioned.

I’m a big fan to try to remain local if possible. Everything from track support to random gremlins.

·
Registered
10,197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
I agree, and there are other shops in the Midwest besides AMS. (in a PM only, I'll speak to that)

Alexd
He’s in SoCal though.

1 - 7 of 8 Posts