Nissan GT-R Forum banner

Engine builds - who did you use

13K views 39 replies 17 participants last post by  TheAlpha 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
I am interested to see which engine builders you have used recently and your perspectives.

If you could post how many seasons, application, hp and mileage.

My AMS experience has been horrendous and absolutely miserable way to spend $65,000+ with them.

AMS 3.8 long block - Alpha 9 Turbos - 3,500 miles bearing failure - AMS actually says with 820hp I flexed the block !!!!

AMS 4.1 stroker with billet crank - oil consumption issue - 500 miles or less - AMS emails me after tear down one pull away from fried bearings and everything was within tolerance.

On phone call on 04/19/19 Martin lets it slip bearings were fried.

AMS 4.0 big bore, new sleeved block, billet crank - oil consumption issue - 200 miles went through 2 quarts. On break in, no boost and not even WOT.

4.0 and 4.1 did not have a single 1/4 mile run

Three seasons missed.

See less See more
#40 ·
Tim Lynch, LynchMob Racing, Alpharetta, GA., best in the country IMO. I would not hesitate to have either of Cicio's shop's, Tony at T1 (I think he will only do your build if you install Motec) or Workhorse Performance do a build for me.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.