Nissan GT-R Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Need some help

Recently, I just found my gtr has some ticking noise, it's gone when the car is getting warm. here is the video.

especially on the passenger side

Is is normal injector noise or the piston slap? Thanks.

·
Super Moderator
3,613 Posts
Need some help

Recently, I just found my gtr has some ticking noise, it's gone when the car is getting warm. here is the video.

especially on the passenger side

Is is normal injector noise or the piston slap? Thanks.
It would help if you state if mods have been done to your car. I don't think that it is "normal" injector noise.

Alexd

·
Registered
2,346 Posts
Most helpful if in your disclosure, you list city/state and age of GTR................No that is not normal......Take it to the dealer unless warranty is gone , then talk to us again with all the info needed... as stated above.........

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for all ur replies. Just make an update, came back from dealership, the technician said its normal, some cars are making some ticking noise when cold start, some from the drive's side, some from the passenger's side, both normal.

·
Registered
2,121 Posts
Maybe look into switching oil brand to quiet it down. Especially if using OEM Mobil 1.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
619 Posts
I am also curious if anyone else notices this... ? At the moment - I switched to 3" intakes and wow can I hear some noise now at start up. it "seems" normal but I have worried about it a couple times.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts