Nissan GT-R Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,121 Posts
I just thought I would post the results from an oil analysis I did with 4,034 miles on the oil. This was my third oil change since the car was new (miles on car at time of this change: 9,165).

I don't track the car at all and drive normal with occasional spirited driving. I was really happy with the results and I was pleased to see it fell inline with knowledgeable members on this subject have said. Based on this report, this oil could have easily gone to the Nissan recommended 6k mile engine oil change interval.

Just one thing to keep in mind is that I had already changed my oil twice prior to this so that I could get out the breakin junk. Still, given the fact I was now able to go 4K miles with no issues is telling me that my oil has now stabilized and can go the full 6k miles easily.

So in summary, if anyone has similar driving habits as me and are worried about engine oil longevity, based on this data as long as you get one or two changes done early on then you will have no problem leveling out to 6k miles change intervals before the car reaches 10k miles.

Enjoy!

Font Material property Rectangle Parallel Paper

Just one thing I want to add is that my GT-R is 100% stock so this would not apply to anyone FBO or E85 of course.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You have a very expensive motor. I just think change the oil every 2500 miles or 6 months makes lot of sense.
I'm all for changing oil when it's warranted but doing it just to have fresh fry grease in the pan to cook french fries is pointless.

·
Registered
2,121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
GT-R Marine, Thanks for posting this data update. It is reassuring that Nissan's recommended oil change intervals make sense.
Not a problem! Of course this data is geared towards your more calm GT-R owner that doesn't or rarely tracks the car.

·
Registered
631 Posts
Good data!

I had some concerns about the oil, but I drive my car like you, minus the spirited driving. I generally drive aimlessly or take it to go pick up food and run errands. I was going change every 3K/6months, but I'll extend it to 5K/6months.

·
Registered
2,403 Posts
I disagree. 2500 is way too long to wait. I say 500 miles or every week makes a lot of sense. yes my post sarcastic because 2500 miles is ridiculous also haaaahaaha
Garage queens can go 12,000 miles plus just like BMW now states.................
Smart and sarcastic answers also are not needed........

·
Registered
880 Posts
I actually started putting 5w-40 instead of 5w-30 into my OEM turbo BMW's (N55 engines) to imitate the GTR's 0w-40 oil. It stabilized their temps. The OEM oil grade is great for handling turbo heat especially in the summer. Kudos for staying stock. DBA's have no real reason to start modding unless you want a 9 sec 1/4 mile.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.